Best exhaust gasket.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No after run oil, but if your planning on putting it up for long term storage I'd suggest fogging the engine. Fogging sprays are available about everywhere. I'm not brand particular, but my uncle does a lot of 2 stroke boat engines and gets this crc marine stuff. Works well and doesn't have a nasty smell.

No after run oil, but if your planning on putting it up for long term storage I'd suggest fogging the engine. Fogging sprays are available about everywhere. I'm not brand particular, but my uncle does a lot of 2 stroke boat engines and gets this crc marine stuff. Works well and doesn't have a nasty smell.
Thanks so much for the recommendation. I’ve seen the CRC fogging oil at my local Walmart store.

Is there a thread about how to button up one of these things over the winter I can read? Not sure what lingo to use to search effectively. The big concern being don't leave fuel in it anywhere like the engine, carb and so on?

Eh it's pretty much common sense stuff as you mentioned, if your gunna let it sit drain the fuel and spray the rig down with wd-40 and let it drip then store it.

If your fogging the engine, drain most the fuel out of the tank, only need enough for it to run for a minuet or so. Take the air filter off. Prop the rig up on a box to keep the wheels off the ground. Fire it up. You need to keep it running for about 20 seconds worth of fogging then let it choke out on the fog spray. Drain the remainder of the fuel from the tank, use the purge bulb to get the rest of the fuel out of it. (Unless your running canned fuel it can sit in there for pretty long.) Spray everything down in wd-40 or a dry silicon spray. Liberally apply wd-40 to pipe. Stick it on a shelf and walk away.

If your fogging the engine, drain most the fuel out of the tank, only need enough for it to run for a minuet or so. Take the air filter off. Prop the rig up on a box to keep the wheels off the ground. Fire it up. You need to keep it running for about 20 seconds worth of fogging then let it choke out on the fog spray. Drain the remainder of the fuel from the tank, use the purge bulb to get the rest of the fuel out of it. (Unless your running canned fuel it can sit in there for pretty long.) Spray everything down in wd-40 or a dry silicon spray. Liberally apply wd-40 to pipe. Stick it on a shelf and walk away.
sounds like the perfect plan to me, or heres an even better one for the lazy people like me, just start it up and run it up and down the garden till you crash it/its fully warmed up

Haha. That was kind of literally the plan. Just run the tank empty then remove the supply line to the engine and squish the bulb on the carburetor.

Yup, the engine will rev right up as it runs out. Use as much as you can,but don’t go empty. Dump the remnants and purge the carb with the bulb.

Running them out of fuel isn't going to hurt them, it's not a sustained lean period. Besides that its no worse then running it out of fuel when your out and about. Even e-free gas will leave varnish and gum behind as it drys out, same for the canned fuel. Just typically not as bad with caned fuel. Everyone gets so wrapped up on ethanol they forget we had all the same issues when ethonal wasn't in any fuel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks