Best mods for zenoah g290

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was you I'd get a complete kit with the top end and crank as they were matched... if you do a 30.5 you need a +2mm crank to get the 29.5 to a 30.5... I believe I understand it like this for +1mm of crank it moves the displacement a half a cc so + 2mm will take it to the 30.5.... learned that while working with the boat engines..... also I was told stuffed cranks really work better in a reed case engine like I have

This is my stuffed esp championship ported 30.5 5T Engine I built from scratch . Still runs very strong!
Man that thing rips!! I subbed you. Nice 5t love the body
If I was you I'd get a complete kit with the top end and crank as they were matched... if you do a 30.5 you need a +2mm crank to get the 29.5 to a 30.5... I believe I understand it like this for +1mm of crank it moves the displacement a half a cc so + 2mm will take it to the 30.5.... learned that while working with the boat engines..... also I was told stuffed cranks really work better in a reed case engine like I have
Thanks rep that's what I plan to do. I have had a g320 and I liked them but always thought the 30.5 was a ripper. I had a rcmk 30.5 full.mod before and it was pretty nasty as well

A stock g290 is actually a 28.5 cc engine. +1 crank bumps it up to 29cc. +2 crank 30.5cc. Stuffed crank adds lowend power without sacrificing topend. How much? Not much but listen to my engine. It has explosive bottom end and revs out very well. Good luck finding an Eric Hill flowsytems pipe though. The pipe has an extremely wide powerband paired with this esp cylinder!

That thing definitely rips. I built a g320 last spring with a esp championship ported top end kit and obr billet transfer ports, modified 990 carb, lightened flywheel 8000 clutch and I was running the vrc side pipe and honestly I didn't think I was impressed. Did I do something wrong?
I've had g290, g320, rovan 30.5 and a rcmk 30.5 and I think the 30.5 engines rip harder maybe it's just me.
My esp g320
My stock g320 with lightened flywheel 8000 clutch rovan dominator pipe
My rcmk 30.5 full mod

What are you using for clutch and do u run a lightened flywheel
I use stock clutch with 8000 rpm spring. I wouldn’t mess with a lighted flywheel unless its cold where you run.
Another thing I will add is I flip my clutches backwards. The pads seem to last longer and the clutch seems to grab a bit better.

Last edited:
I use stock clutch with 8000 rpm spring. I wouldn’t mess with a lighted flywheel unless its cold where you run.
Another thing I will add is I flip my clutches backwards. The pads seem to last longer and the clutch seems to grab a bit better.
Nothing wrong with a lightened flywheel, I have one on my 5ive t and no cooling issues, the fins still do their job just fine. It does rev faster then the engine in the vekta but not enough to be worth the extra cost.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks