Best servos without breaking the bank!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looderman

Ok guys I know this hobby is always going to break the bank but seriously. What are some of the better quality servos mostly for steering that you get the most bang for your buck?

Nice! Thank you Rep732!
Nice! Thank you Rep732
Power hobby 701mg, I have them in 2 5ives and both throttle/brake as well steering use them. Their 80 a piece and they have just as much power as the 262 dollar agfrc 78kg servo
Do you run dual servos for steering?

Power hobby 701mg, I have them in 2 5ives and both throttle/brake as well steering use them. Their 80 a piece and they have just as much power as the 262 dollar agfrc 78kg servo
Might need to try those out need a steering servo for my baja. I have definitely become more open to some of these cheaper options since I bought some cheaper servos for my savage and there performance was impressive and they came with metal casing

Thanks for the info...this is good (I take that back...great) to know. I have several other PowerHobby servos in other vehicles (especially boats), but hadn't previously considered this one for the Kraken VESLA.5 SBK I'll be building. Although, among the servos on my "short list" is/was the PowerHobby 1512MG, which has similar specs:

701MG @ 7.4V 1512MG @ 7.4V
950oz-in, 70kg-cm 917oz-in, 66kg-cm
0.14 sec/60deg 0.095 sec/60deg

Sure, the 1521MG is faster (0.095sec vs 0.14sec)...but, with such a large & heavy vehicle, faster is not always better. Plus, the 1512MG has an all-aluminum case, 5 bearing (compared to only 2 in the 701MG), is direct-powered & programmable, and has hardened steel gears. At the same time, the 701MG is slightly more powerful (at 7.4V)...and costs $180 less. That being said, in order to direct-power the 701MG, an external BEC will be needed...but, that only adds $15-60 (depending on brand/quality/features), and still comes out to way less than the 1512MG. I was looking to direct-power the steering servo without the need of an external BEC...but, the cost advantage of the 701MG far exceeds my 'interest' in not using an external BEC. So, looks like I'll be ordering the 701MG. Another "bonus" (over certain 'other' brands) is that PowerHobby has EXCELLENT customer service.

I wouldn't use standard size servos for steering on 1/5 scale vehicles, the dbxl and 30 dnt use 5th scale size for steering. For throttle brake yea you can use a strong 1/10th/ standard size and yes there are adapter plates for standard to 1/5th.

I wouldn't use standard size servos for steering on 1/5 scale vehicles, the dbxl and 30 dnt use 5th scale size for steering. For throttle brake yea you can use a strong 1/10th/ standard size and yes there are adapter plates for standard to 1/5th.
Ok thank you. I’m gonna look around for the adapter plates. Are there any you recommend?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks