Big Bore Kit Installed, Motor Wont Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah I'm in new york. And rick I've watched vids and all. I really don't see how I could have installed it wrong. I just don't get it. I've taken it all apart more then 3 times now.

I should have never touched it in the first place. It was already doin 65. Just wanted more off the line and gears weren't cuttin it.

Last edited:
Nah I'm in new york. And rick I've watched vids and all. I really don't see how I could have installed it wrong. I just don't get it. I've taken it all apart more then 3 times now.

I should have never touched it in the first place. It was already doin 65. Just wanted more off the line and gears weren't cuttin it.

i am looking at doing the 30.5 upgrade also but have seen you get the 2 mm stroker crank in some kits too, and you have not installed it? so i read, not sure if this is necessary but i would think it would be (so you get more compression) thees nothing really that can go wrong on the build only the piston in the wrong way round,

first of all id check compression, a crude way of doing this would be to put your thumb over the spark plug hole and pull the pull start,

have you done a squish test?

have you tried with standard carb?

have you tried starting wit easy start?

just a thought if you bought this as a kit...... with the +2mm crank

and not fitted it ....option1 has the head inside been machined for the correct

clearance....option 2 are you using just a thicker barrel gasket....

option 3 or did you rebuild using the standard thin barrel gasket......

if option 1 or 2 then your compression/squish will be way out out:boat:

my kit didnt come with one. And from what I understand it wasnt needed. I thought about buying it but to spend another 75 bucks on this motor and if doesn't start i'll be pissed.

sounds like u r having a mare!!!!! Renbarr is struggleing at mo as well trying to get his to fire up....Maybe there is a dodgy batch out there at the mo.....??????????? good luck anyway....don't let it get u down mate....If at first u don't succeed an all that.......

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks