Big Bore Kit...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i finally got my borekit from onills this week, so 2day was my day off so i tried 2 install the kit.. every thing was going good intil the piston just would not fit into the cylinder please help.. think i crakd the cylinder from the force i appied from bottom:(

hello

hello calic

ok im going to list out some tips here in this order,hope this helps. ok most of this may be obvious but no harm reminding if you forget.

1/ mark on the piston to face exhaust port firstly(little arrow on the top of the piston or dot.
2/when installing the piston in to cylinder don't use force at all ok.
3/use some oil to lube first around cylinder and piston ring.
4/line up piston ring with little grove on the piston for the ring and squeeze tight with one hand(small notch)

5/keeping ring tight to notch on piston with one hand and cylinder on other hand slide the piston in to cylinder SLOWLY AND EASY and keeping that arrow to exahust side as you push in.

6/also when trying to push in piston keep it at an angle as to avoid puting too much pressure on it.(slight angle shoving in one side of piston first then other) all engines are based on the same rebuilding manner even big bore kits,as most now come with cylinder machined to avoid stacking gaskets.

let me know how you get on.

here is a useful engine rebuilding link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAzWd_e1Veo&feature=related

ps calic man let me know how you like the o neills kit,i got one recently and love it,27.2 cc,check out my full review here on my thread as i rebuild the whole car and engine(fg beetle rebuild) still in progress..

dc2 man.

Last edited:
yes! finally fit in, thanks all for your help. I have finshed installing all part for the engine jus need to fit the 2-speed and should b ready 2night or 2morow. just cant wait... o yeh by the way do i need to do any adjustment to the carburetor? and if so how exact?

Many thanks

Sorry was just problem with me not the kit lol... just wasnt dwn it right till u told me the steps... plus i didnt oil it well at first AND the piston pin was upside down.. very silly mistake

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks