bit of advice on sommat please,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the link sean (y) ,
and yeh bit of an explanation , the build will probably be used on the flat more than rocks sean, thats my thinking with the sway bars, but also would like to try and make it so sway bars can be softened easily to get the articulation without removing em,
not sure if thats possible yet but gonna see if i can think of a way ,
We used quick detach sway bars on our trail rigs that were still "street legal" you just popped a pin out of each side and shoved the link and up into a bracket and stuck the pin back in. Think something like that could be incorporated without too much fuss. Then you have best of both worlds.

We used quick detach sway bars on our trail rigs that were still "street legal" you just popped a pin out of each side and shoved the link and up into a bracket and stuck the pin back in. Think something like that could be incorporated without too much fuss. Then you have best of both worlds.
yeh thats what i was thinking sean, quick release/detach sway bars somehow, i'm sure i could work sommat out with a bit of thought (y)(y)

can anyone please tell me the diameter of the kraken outdrive on the telescopic rear shaft ?
i mean inside diameter of the hole that slips over the diff pinion,
reason being (long ass post alert :ROFLMAO:) i have plans for a one off build, its been in my head for a few years now and is sommat i really want to attempt,
the build is basically a 1/5 scale rock bouncer/racer, think screamin blue and bobby tanner,
anyways, i was gonna buy a new v2 dragon hammer roller and use that as a doner car, then use owt left over as spares for my obr twin dragon hammer ,
been speaking to rcmodelz and they have no idea when the hammer rollers are comin back into stock, they cant get much info on anything from fid factory,
so i've gathered a few bits n bobs, set of kraken maxxis tires, heim joints etc,
and now , unless i bide my time and wait to see if the hammers come back into stock (they been outa stock since october time),
it looks like i may need to do a mix n match build, i don't really wanna buy a kraken and break it up for the build,
so as above, the diameter of the kraken drive please (y),
then i can see if i can mix n match with a 30 degree truck diff pinions and drive parts etc,
even those are outa stock in uk at moment though, only other option is a losi 5ive t at £1600, or rovan lt360 for cheapness,
chassis wise is gonna be a one off tube chassis/ cage , and solid/live axles both front and rear,
as much home made as possible with exception of diffs, sliding drive shafts etc etc,
end of long ass post :ROFLMAO:
Please post how it turns out and what part you used I've been thinking about a 1/5 scale solid axle monster truck. Are you manufacturing your solid axles or is there some you are using. I'm very interested.

Please post how it turns out and what part you used I've been thinking about a 1/5 scale solid axle monster truck. Are you manufacturing your solid axles or is there some you are using. I'm very interested.
yeh this is still in the planning stage mate, it got put on hold cos i bought a vekta (y) ,(y)
the build will happen at some point though ( gonna be a while) and i will do a proper success and failure build thread when i do :D,
and yes i'm probably gonna use vekta rear telescopic shafts and home made axles , or home made outers built onto dragon hammer centres, depends what i can make work (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks