Bobby’s xr5 ultimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took it out today for the second time ever (1st being a break in run for the engine) and we are going through some toothing pains. The camber was set all funky and it destroyed the right rear tire. My fault for not checking up on it before or during running. It felt like it was ice skating all day with a ton of over steer. Fixed the camber after running and threw on a new set of tires. Will try again soon.View attachment 87946
No way Rob. Lol that thing has been in an accident bro.

Had the xr5 ultimate out for its first race and first real run after engine break in. It was running great all day. The first thing I noticed was that it was way to fast. The ported 32 was a handful so I turned the throttle exponential down to -50% and the end point down to about 90% which seemed to do the trick. The only other change I made before qualifying was to change the rear wheels to a soft compound from medium (foreshadowing). Went out for qualifying feeling iffy with the car and still not knowing the track but figured I would take the time to continue to learn both. During qualifying I was doing ok but about 2 or 3 seconds off the pace of lance but pretty consistent until I lost a wheel but which ended my qualifying early placing me in sixth place for the mains. In the main an early incident had me in first by the second turn🤣 lance and I battled for the next 5 or so minutes with the biggest gap only ever being a couple car lengths. At this point I started feeling more comfortable and lance got caught in some lapped traffic which let me open up about a half track lead until I went off track with only about 2 minutes left in the race and the rig shut off. I was unable to get it started again and ended up finishing 3rd. It was a great day and met some awesome dudes61F3A475-F745-41B7-8364-B6FF0F4C4026.jpegAA7BED60-2377-4259-B47A-432454092BE9.jpegDACF60B1-9410-4536-9D03-86EDFD940075.jpeg

Got the rig home with some modifications in mind the first was pulling out the 32 and putting it on the shelf. I believe for Wagner engine is not important at all. A zenoah 26 would be fine, but I have an obr 30.5 piston port that has been collecting dust for over a year so in it went and with some exponential adjustments it should do the trick just fine. The other change I made was to take out the plastic insulation block and swap it with the mcd alloy block. I think the early race exit was due to vapor lock which this should help with that. Along with some more holes in the body i shouldn’t have any more heat issues. I also installed mud flaps to help protect the rear arms, shocks and drive shafts and it’s ready to go out for a break in.5FC03BAB-918F-47FA-B2D3-8A07D1DD4936.jpeg7FCC586D-97B7-46F3-9627-3EC21BACEA71.jpegB40E1E94-6999-4A80-ACE4-9E71217328BF.jpeg8E9A855E-FED4-497B-A068-DEC0E3F5AA17.jpeg

Attachments

• 83A88827-5887-4821-97F4-652E0DF45F4A.jpeg
    83A88827-5887-4821-97F4-652E0DF45F4A.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 1
You was fast out there. You also wasn't the only guy with engine overheating problems. Luckily for me the mains were chopped from 20 min to 15 min. My engine was struggling near the end of the race, bogging and all. Good seeing you out there and finally meeting you. Hopefully August won't be sooo hot 🔥

You was fast out there. You also wasn't the only guy with engine overheating problems. Luckily for me the mains were chopped from 20 min to 15 min. My engine was struggling near the end of the race, bogging and all. Good seeing you out there and finally meeting you. Hopefully August won't be sooo hot 🔥
I want to add more holes in the windshield for airflow but I was looking around and nobody has cut out on theirs which I don't understand. Surely drag or downforce isn’t an issue at all on that track🤷‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks