Brake Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hrmm interesting, ive had 3 FG's from new and they have all had one brake disk, and ive only every run one brake disc.

if its tight I wouldnt run it as is, would cause more stress on layshaft would could damage bearings or gears and the added heat would definetly affect bearings.

not sure mate, if it was me id be removing one brake disc and checking the clearance.

+1 Sohan.
Ideal set-up is a 4-disc one.

I have front hydros and the tuning layshaft disc - need it on my MT as it weighs 18kg / 40lbs !!
Stops without a problem.
Hydros are great when they're working properly, but are fairly high maintenance.
Tuning cable fronts with a good servo - Hitec 5955 / Savox 1256TG is a very good compromise.

Al.

I'm reaching the point where I probably need to pull apart and refit the O-rings so I'm on the point of not agreeing - I'm sure you'll understnad why Brad!!
Totally agree with the balance thing, but with (quite a lot of) care, I've sorted that on my 1/5.
Even when set-up, after a few hours, one side might 'bite' more than the other, thus wear more, thus will need adjustment ....

Al.

Im not bothering with any front brakes on my 2nd marder after running fg tuning cables on the other. A decent back brake ie the layshaft tuning brake, is more than capable of stopping it on any surface. As you say, cables can be set up perfect but you get outside and even the change in temp plays havoc with your perfect 'bench' settings. Then you tweak them again and 5 mins later its pulling to 1 side under braking so more adjustments required. They are a complete pain in the arse!

ive been running front tuning cable kit for a while and had to do no adjusting, they have been very reliable and been run on every condition you could think of including wet and wet sandy. thats my experience though.

id still go hydro's if I could afford them

ive been running front tuning cable kit for a while and had to do no adjusting, they have been very reliable and been run on every condition you could think of including wet and wet sandy. thats my experience though.

id still go hydro's if I could afford them

Im either doing something wrong or its the UK weather with constant changes in temperature that plays havoc but they do my head in :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks