Brakes binding on kraken vekta 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barber213

Good afternoon to all . I have a question in regards to the kraken vekta 5 brake pads and disc . I’ve had an issue straight out the box where the truck wouldn’t roll freely . DDM helped me out with the upgrading the brakes . I notice after installation the truck had the same issue , but if I loosened the screws that hold the brake it would roll freely . Should I install spring between brake pads and disc . An if so which springs should I order . Thanks in advance .

Red loctite the brake screw where you want it. Also make sure the rear axle bolt isn't trying to unscrew up into the rotor
Thanks for the info . But I put springs between the brake pads and that solve the problem. The first pic has no spring . Even though I upgraded the brakes on it . Thought that would solve the issue . The second pic I ordered the Losi 5t springs and it works .

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpeg
    IMG_1655.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
are the springs factory? i think it should work without them. you're gonna have to learn to adjust and fix things, the big ones need it frequently. if it happens again maybe back out the screws some?

are the springs factory? i think it should work without them. you're gonna have to learn to adjust and fix things, the big ones need it frequently. if it happens again maybe back out the screws some?
It’s working great with the springs . I used the Losi 5 t springs . Thanks for the advice .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks