Brand new wont start,please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats exactly whats goin on,my mix is 40:1 ,thats why im boggin down.drainin fuel and adding proper mix.200 ml in 5 ltr gas 25:1,thanks again guys.whys the vid wrong?hope i didnt damage motor?ran 1 full tank at 40:1

The best way to tune your model is to start both at 11/2 out and lean from there. Lean the L or low needle to the best take off response and then the H or high needle for the high end. You really need to keep checking your spark plug color to make sure it keeps to a coco brown. Sounds like your H needle is a bit off. Only make 1/16 moves at a time.
Check out ESP's tuning how to here: https://www.largescaleforums.com/showpost.php?p=23906&postcount=4

Stupid question? !!
Why are you making 5 litres of fuel?
Are you planning on racing it?
Most people will BUY 5 litres of petrol, but only mix ONE LITRE at a time.
Look on Fleabay - there are often 2-stroke mixing bottles - all of the marking are there - you measure nothing, simply add to the line, screw the lid on tightly then shake, and shake, and shake ... then relieve any vapour pressure carefully.
1 litre ready to use - this will do for up to 2 hours' running!!

When I mix I mix 5 litres of petrol with the oil. then I know whenever im ready to go out I got at least 5 litres there.

Why mix 1 litre at a time if you have a 5 litre can? If I had a bigger can id mix more at one and keep it. As long as the can aint letting air in or out its not going to go bad before you use it.

thats exactly whats goin on,my mix is 40:1 ,thats why im boggin down.drainin fuel and adding proper mix.200 ml in 5 ltr gas 25:1,thanks again guys.whys the vid wrong?hope i didnt damage motor?ran 1 full tank at 40:1

I believe you can go down to 40:1 in the right conditions with these motors but for long life and durability/flexibility everyone ive come accross including myself run 25:1.

so you did 1 full tank with 40:1, was this your break in tank? I don't think it would have done it any favours but if its running ok now chances are it hasnt done too much if any damage.

strange its bogging up top. Up until I ported my G260 I ran factory carb settings and it always felt and sounded good accross the rev range.

make sure you haven't got any air leaks, run it a little more at factory carb settings if it doesn't improve do small adjustments to the hs needle, lean it off slightly. always check plug colour as this indicates how hot your motor is running.

you may want to start with a new plug before you start any tuning and usually after break in I change my plugs because I don't go over half throttle for the first tank to make sure its not put under too much stress.

ya it was my break in tank but it was maybe 3/4 full,put in proper mix and ill run it tomorrow and see what happens.cant believe fg vid said 40:1. changing plug too.thanks for advice bro!you've helped so much.they make poly sides to stop crap from getting in?what brand u like for plugs?

Last edited:
Some do make side guard but you can make them very easily. Just trace your inside and pop rivet them in in two spots. the other two spots will be held in by the motor bolts and then the front shock tower screw. I made mine out of aluminum sheeting.
You can use both the Champion and NGK. Ngk's seem to be the favorite and seem to be more available.

looks sweet,u got batt. indicater,good idea,just wanna thank you for your help.if it wasnt for you i probably would've fried motor.think i did any damage runnin 40:1 only 3/4 of tank,but it was breakin tank.

another prob. rear wheels not driving,hobby guy says it might be hex nut is loose?basically was driving in snow and was spinnin tires good then no rear drive.only was goin half throttle,oh ya its runnin mint now.rear wheels stop driving, is that common?

Check your spur or pinion are tight on their respective shafts, and the grub screws haven't worked loose.
With the engine fired and at idle - if it's 2WD - lift the rear and SLOWLY increase the throttle and see if the clutch is biting and basically, which parts are turning and which should but are not.
You might have a loose screw jamemd against your diff, for example - not nice!!
This is why they always say check all major screws before you fire up.

Reference to making 'a lot' of fuel or not is that many say the oil separates out if you're not careful / leave the mixed fuel too long. Result? You COULD be putting neat fuel into your engine that MUST have some oil also ....
I suppose each time before you decant into the tank, make sure you shake the container again.

problem

just completed my assembly back of my 2WD MT i wouldnt mind taking it out for engine and suspension adjustment over the weekend pm me if you wanna get together.

I have been running my FG @ 40:1 for 4 years and I've never had a problem. (My Opinion Here) I believe 25:1 is too much oil! (Again this is My Opinion) I pulled my motor down after running 40:1 for 5 gallons of fuel and the cylinder still looked like new. Again This is MY opinion. At 25:1 my two trucks smoke like a freight train.

If you are having bogging problems on the high end, turn OUT your High Speed Needle about 1/8 turn. Then start the truck and get it to operating temperature (drive it around for about 5 min) Pick the back wheels off the ground and snap the throttle full blast. (have a buddy run the throttle) While the wheels are in the air adjust the H.S. Needle until the bog is gone. Then back the needle out another 1/16 for a "Safety" If at anytime the motor runs out of power, sounds weak, or sounds overworked, richen the H.S. Needle immediately, because it is running lean. If it ever bogs or stumbles it is running lean! You will have to really whack the needles to get it run too rich.

Don't worry about over revving the motor, it's not like a nitro, it won't over rev and blow itself up!

At first I was paranoid about turning the needles too far, but after doing this for 4 or 5 years, I take big whacks with the needles sometimes 1/2-3/4 turns... but always start rich and lean from there.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Got top end worked out,screamin now,it's was scaring the crap out of me,front wheels spun and not rears.hobby dude tightened axles or something.in the parkin lot tried it and bam.my steering servo goes.guys take it apart and see that screw was driven right threw wire,so had to buy anew one and gotta deal with fg to warrenty,anyways runnin mint,thanks for help bro's!

problem

just a heads up when playing in snow ill will collect excessive amount in the throttle linkage area and mite cause your truck to runaway so install a safety shutoff switch to prevent costly repaire

Black is safe. You could lean it out a bit (1/16th at a time) The best color is coco brown in my opionion. It will also depend on performance. If you are finding that it runs great, don't touch it.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks