break in advise please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dye29

hy there im ready tomorrow for break in what's the best method for this I have mixed castrol oil ready , are these like nitro where you run in on tick over im unsure please advise thanks ste

This has been discussed. What I do is fire it up. Let it idle a few blips on the throttle for 15 min. Till a tank is gone. Then fill it up and take it easy for a tank then let it rip and set up the needles.

It’s not an expensive engine, I’d fire it up and run it. Easy on the first tank.

Let it get to temp and go run it. This babyish it for no reason doesn't do the engine any favors, the only thing to break in is the ring, (s) which need dynamic load to seat properly. Dynamic load is achieved by putting the engine under a load. Most set their engines blubbering rich to begin with so by the first tank of fuel you'll be ready to dial the tune and go from there.

this might sound like a stupid question but im gonna chance it, lol so with the 2 stroke engines we use in 5th scales how much do they differ from the 2 strokes in say like weedeater, leaf blowers etc, and yet with those we don't need to do a break in on those. im just wondering.

this might sound like a stupid question but im gonna chance it, lol so with the 2 stroke engines we use in 5th scales how much do they differ from the 2 strokes in say like weedeater, leaf blowers etc, and yet with those we don't need to do a break in on those. im just wondering.
Thays called a mfg covering their arse. There no reason to heat cycle any 2 stroke they are in roller bearings, no cams, no babit bearings no bushings to deal with. Just run it, it will either go or blow up. Just the long and simple of it. If everything is right it will thank you for getting the rings to seat right away if something is wrong it's gonna let you know real quick no matter how much you baby it.

maby some of you on here will remember Fast EDDY.
he said on brake in run the engine for 10 minutes rich than let it cool for 20 minites.
repete until tamk is empty than do the same thing over and over until you have gone through 3 tanks..
now take the plug out and throw the plug away and run it liker you stole it.
time consumeing yes but it works.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks