Broken Rovan tuned exhaust pipe bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinny

Does anyone know where to buy an after market support bracket for the tuned exhaust pipe of the Rovan LT. The metal support piece just fractured in half, with no jumps or anything. Thank you.

Last edited:
This support bracket just snapped off and lucky i found it nearby but it doesn't matter. The exhaust is un supported and it can not be run like this until its fixed. I looked closely at the last pic and it actually looks as if the metal around the screw is cracking. Nice... All recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3974.jpg
    IMG_3974.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3973.jpg
    IMG_3973.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3969.jpg
    IMG_3969.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3966.jpg
    IMG_3966.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 19
Even better brands like CPI have problems with brackets snapping off. It's pretty common. I have a broken lower bracket on my CPI but the rear cage holds it in place on my baja. On my DBXL the exhaust mount is made of more flexible metal so it acts like a spring when tightened. I think that mount is too stiff to sustain all that vibration. Or maybe the welds are just crap. lol

I would just go to your local hardware store and buy a small piece of 3/4" aluminum flat stock and bend /drill a custom bracket. There's a reason that bracket snapped and it's probably because it mounted the pipe to the chassis "rigid". If you make a new bracket and add some thick rubber washers between the pipe mount tab and your new bracket , that will allow a small amount of "flex" and absorb pipe vibration. Nothing really wrong with your pipe, just crappy Rovan materials and engineering. Try to fix it yourself better or the same thing will just happen again.

Yeah, a new pipe might be the way to go. Even if you fabricate a new bracket, it looks like the tab that's welded to the pipe is cracked and ready to let go. Or file a claim with Rovan bwahaha

Good luck with that. Rovan/KM doesn't offer warranty on any of their stuff. I've tried to claim warranty on ripped tires and a blown motor before. They flat out said that they don't offer warranty. They might throw you a bit of a discount on replacement parts though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks