Budget Transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
Need a affordable transmitter for friends and fam to use when I take my rigs out. Are the stock HPI units any good? I have a transmitter but would have to find a rx.

I don't want to break the bank here but at the same time this controller will be used by noobs and I don't want to go with something that may result in run away's.

Need a affordable transmitter for friends and fam to use when I take my rigs out. Are the stock HPI units any good? I have a transmitter but would have to find a rx.
I don't think I'm following you on this kind of thinking.

You've got a big, maybe even pricey, large scale RC that you want to have controlled by the cheapest radio gear you can find when you hand it over to a complete noob?!

I would think the last thing you would want is to entrust a complete noob with a big ol 1/5th scale RC to be controlled by a cheap radio. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd rather have a good radio to ensure the best signal and response. If these people are likely to drop said radio then I probably wouldn't let them drive it to start with. Maybe a nice Axial SCX24 would be more in their league. ;)

don't try to go cheap on a radio... its the control you have over the car. Get a trustworthy name brand one.
I don't think I'm following you on this kind of thinking.

You've got a big, maybe even pricey, large scale RC that you want to have controlled by the cheapest radio gear you can find when you hand it over to a complete noob?!

I would think the last thing you would want is to entrust a complete noob with a big ol 1/5th scale RC to be controlled by a cheap radio. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd rather have a good radio to ensure the best signal and response. If these people are likely to drop said radio then I probably wouldn't let them drive it to start with. Maybe a nice Axial SCX24 would be more in their league. ;)
????
Futaba or Sanwa . You can get a used Sanwa or futaba for cheaper. Why on earth would you want to risk that expensive (and heavy) rig with a cheap ass radio, that damage that thing would do in a runaway ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks