Can’t seem to get my baja started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnious

Reading the Rules!
Got it used. Tried multiple times to get it started while having pull start problems. But even when I have my pull start working properly, I can’t seem to get it running. I’ve had it idle for 5-10 seconds twice, but stalls shortly after.
Is there something obviously wrong? My spark plug sparks. But could it still be bad?

Well I try and throttle up as it’s idling to keep it going. But eventually it just dies the same. But I am able to rev it a little bit at the beginning.

What do you mean by tick over to low?

Next time I run it I’ll try and take a video.

Hmm still don’t know what that tick over means lol

It use to run years ago. It was my dads. Has been sitting. But ever since I got it and tried running it it’s only idled a couple times and stalled

Well I’m no expert but I just tried again, couldn’t get it to idle. But I took the carb off and everything seems clean and nice. Air fileter looks good. Fuel lines seem great.
Anyway, I took a video of me trying to start it. But I’m hoping it’s just the spark plug which I have one on the way.

Here’s the video

I'm thinking it flooded. Pull the spark plug . Is it soaking wet ? You should only have the choke on till the engine pops once , then turn the choke off .

Your gut tells you it’s flooded? It is !
The best way to in flood the engine is to disconnect the carb yes remove it from the engine let it lay back. Then with a new plug for a wtf moment pull the cord. It should run wide open due to amount of air it’s pulling in and that will quickly burn up the remaining fuel. It will only last about 3-5 seconds so no worries. Once burnt fuel is gone reconnect carb and begin as you should.
Prime 3 or 4x
Choke 2-3 soft pulls the. Switch to norm and pull another 1-3
If you continue to pull you will continue to push gas into engine..

Thanks for the response guys. Yeah pulling the plug out and pulling it even while it’s upside down is part of my routine of trying to start it.
Im sure it gets flooded too. But after clearing the cylinder it doesn’t help. So I’m still hoping it’s the plug

Any luck yet?
Yeah turning it upside down and pulling it while plug out doesn’t work most the time (been there) by pulling cord your pushing more fuel into it, hence the reason I take carb off. It’s only 2 Allen screws...

Looking forward to hear how it’s going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere in your process did you by chance unplug the 2 fuel lines and reinstalled fuel lines?
If that was done by you you may have reconnected to Opposite inputs. Double check which direction fuel is running or attempting to run.

Did you ever remove carb and do as I explained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks