Can you have too much torque/speed for throttle servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

For my upcoming Vesla.5 Gas build I just purchased an AGF-RC 78kg servo (0.082 sec / 1084 oz-in) FINALLY! I am also OCD and want matching servos. I used a set of Hitec D-845WP servos in my Vekta.5.

So the question for my lack of experience:
I know using the 78kg AGF-RC servo for throttle seems like it will be wasting it's potential, but is it too overpowered for throttle control? That is a lot of torque moving pretty fast.

The servo should be moving just enough to fully open the carb.You will fry it if the travel exceeds the point the carb is fully open.Now the servo will help immensely when applying brake but don’t go insane or it won’t last long.Set your endpoints

I didn't even think about the brakes function. I will set the expo to slow it down a bit so it doesn't slam the brakes. I forgot that I can slow it down with my radio programming.

@Ferrebee88 I've heard too many stories with hitec so I avoid them. I would recommend the power hobby 701mg as it's 80 bucks and is just as powerful as the agfrc servo but I cannot as my last test and tune with the 5ive t on throttle/brake duty got so hot it started to glitch out. I have 3 more that's fine but I get it servos are luck of the draw, so with that said I'd go with the savox sv-0236mg servo. I've used that in a few 5ive's as well as my vekta .5 and it was great with no issues plus it gives all you need for speed and torque to pull on the brakes.

I know I said the agfrc was overkill for throttle brake but for 80 bucks a strong servo is hard to beat, when I ran my 5ive for racing I brought a backup 5ive so everything interchanged so if I needed servos or something I stole it from the other so that's why I had an overpowered servo for throttle plus I used the same for steering.

So far I haven't had any issues with the Hitec servos in my Vekta. I will probably go with the Savox 0326. I actually have one of those handling the steering in my Baja b5 electric and it's held up to some abuse. Have you had any issue running the savox on straight 2s battery? I have a BEC in the Baja so it's regulated to 7.4v.

Sweet! I getting antsy waiting on my Vesla builders kit, so I am overthinking a bit.
Heck, maybe I'll just swap the hitec from the Vekta to the Vesla and put the AGF-RC 78kg in the Vekta for steering. I bet those oversized trepadores could use the extra torque.

The speed on the agfrc is pretty fast, you'll be happy with it. Also you may want to tighten up the servo saver as the servo will power through the break over of the spring tension

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks