Cant believe the pettiness of some people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the parts involved I reckon KM have done a good job at developing their version of the baja from the flakey first offering to what is now rated as a highly effective and reliable piece of kit at a very reasonable price. The global economy is on its knees and the consumer needs value for money especially when spending on a hobby where it is classed as a luxury ie non-essential spending. I repeat what I said above in that HPI have missed an opportunity and not read the changes in the market. KM have jumped on this and are now taking a good share of the market from HPI with their high quality offerings at the right price for the economic conditions.

I doubt that the baja design and components will be copyright as it is a scale model of the 1:1 version and back to the exhaust......can you patent a device for directing spent gases away from the engine that has been around for decades? I don't think so. All tuned pipes are similar in design otherwise they wouldnt work!

it sounds like hpi are getting worried about k,m ,and so they should with there top of the range 30.5 2speed retailing at £599 you can,t evan buy a ss kit for that money.

The two pipes are similar in looks from a far, but are not the same. They do not perform the same either. I cannot say what amount of changes need to be done to a product before it's copyright is infringing upon - If there is one on this item - But can say KM has changed it enough to make it quite a bit different.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=3933&highlight=pipe+review

The DDM V1 pipe can now be bought for under $80.00 sometimes on ebay. Not that anyone asked.:laugh:

If your listing is being removed it because someone is watching your account. The clone pipes can be found in droves everywhere on ebay.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R...nkw=baja+tuned+pipe&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Remember that we are in a clone forum and to argue clone vs DDM is going to go no where except heated arguments.;)

Good luck on your sale.

I am not arguing clone vs DDM I am saying that cloning is not only illegal but also has far reaching consequences and will evenually hurt further development of new items.

It appalls me that people don't grasp the concept of returns on investments. A company needs time to recoop its research and development costs they put into every product. Usually once that occurs there is a price drop. To compare the prices of Cloned/Counterfit Items to those which have had extensive research and testing is idiotic. Of course the clones are going to be cheaper all they needed to do was copy molds.

Patents and copyrights generally have time limits. This time is used to secure the marketplace for the original designer/manufacturer of the product.

To say that everything is copied eventually is in essence correct but you don't often see that happening while a product is still brand new to the market.
BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL!

Ebay obviously felt strong enough that the product was so simmilar that they took action. Ebay doesn't do that without a huge hassle of submitting paperwork. A person running a business can't invest 1000's of hours scouring ebay for cloned ads its just not realisitc.

Clone forum or not people should have this information so they can make an educated decision before they buy something.

OK,the argument here is that KM are ripping HPI off....right??? So why would HPI put a rebadged CY engine in their cars,which is a copy of the original Zenoah!
Plus they bought out the Maverick blackout or something which IS a Redcat Rampage with a HPI sticker on it!!!!
Who's cloning who here??? You can do this clone war forever and a day and you will be going around in circles.....there will be NO winners! And ,if you look round your house there will defiantly be a copy of an original item there.
J.

here we go again with the clone crap, i agree with you james ^^ how many of the people on here who slag km off have none gen hpi stuff on there baja??

i bet you'll watch a copied dvd or listen to a copied music cd or download a track or film of the data share sites on the internet, is that ok????

it all bs imo, people will always buy to their budget so if hpi want to slap hpi tax on all their models then sorry i would rather buy km, i've seen both models gettin run (abused) at deeside and would say the km's takes the beatings beta then the hpi's.

here we go again with the clone crap, i agree with you james ^^ how many of the people on here who slag km off have none gen hpi stuff on there baja??

i bet you'll watch a copied dvd or listen to a copied music cd or download a track or film of the data share sites on the internet, is that ok????

I'm not cheap enough to have to steal from people so No I wouldn't. It's a thing called morals. If I can't afford something I don't buy it. I don't buy items which are known to be counterfit either because I can't afford the real deal.

It's not just about HPI vs KM it's about the people in the aftermarket business as well. I see more and more of their items copied. They are the ones who have given you every single Baja upgrade part NOT KM.
By not supporting them you are eventually not going to have anything new.
It's simple economics when it becomes non viable for them to be in business because all their ideas get stolen. There won't be any new items for you to use.

I guess you have no problem with someone stealing money from you either huh? Because if that's your livelyhood guess what, thats what happens!!!!

But since your not in the business you couldn't care less right? Since it doesn't affect you personally its not a big deal right? It's ok because it doesn't affect your income right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not cheap enough to have to steal from people so No I wouldn't. It's a thing called morals. If I can't afford something I don't buy it. I don't buy items which are known to be counterfit either because I can't afford the real deal.

It's not just about HPI vs KM it's about the people in the aftermarket business as well. I see more and more of their items copied. They are the ones who have given you every single Baja upgrade part NOT KM.
By not supporting them you are eventually not going to have anything new.
It's simple economics when it becomes non viable for them to be in business because all their ideas get stolen. There won't be any new items for you to use.

I guess you have no problem with someone stealing money from you either huh? Because if that's your livelyhood guess what, thats what happens!!!!

But since your not in the business you could care less right? Since it doesn't affect you personally its not a big deal right? It's ok because it doesn't affect your income right?

i wasn't aimin my opinions at you so don't aim yours at me! no matter how pissed off this makes you or anyone else who don't like clones you will never stop it, as voo2doo says hpi used cy engines which is a clone of the zenoha so are we guna start bitchin about hpi stealin a design?????? no cause this is what happens, it's been happenin in the motor trade for years (and i know i've been in it for over 20 years) so they now piss in each others pockets and use each others parts to save money on research and development and will eventually happen here in the rc industry

003387.jpg

yummy

funny that ddm is going on about a cloned pipe because I know another pipe mfg that says ddm clones their stuff and showed me pics etc... those in glass houses shouldn't toss stones.

moral of the story. cheap crap and cheap price is still cheap crap. jsu tmore people are willing to take a chance on it. i bought km baja-ish because after doing my research i realized about the only thing on it that i would leave stock was teh reciever box and teh motor. so i saved my money to buy all the aftermarket parts from teh little guys. and i am lgad i did. i have easily spent 3 times the original purchase price in upgrades from places like DDM and TGN. and i still believe that HPI has a hand in all this cone stuff. like they are leaseing out there molds or something to that efffect. when i buy parts i try to buy the made in usa stuff if possible.

So are you all sure that KM is a clone? I live in ASIA and been to China and a lot of the products you see that are from HPI are built in china? For years I have been flying an extra 300 1/4 scale and just two days ago my friend showed up at the field with a very costly plane.. When we comparied the planes they were exactly the same. I had my for many years.. I got it stright from the factory in China.. About 8 years ago.... His was ordered from the USA and from a so called US Manufacture... A lot of our hobby stuff is made in ASIA and then sent to the USA with there name on it.. My next trip to China i'm going to visit KM and see if I can take a tour thru there work shop.. I really wounder if if HPI & KM are built in the same factory? Just with different standards! It's truly hard to tell with any manufacture in todays world. Just my two cents..

So are you all sure that KM is a clone? I live in ASIA and been to China and a lot of the products you see that are from HPI are built in china? For years I have been flying an extra 300 1/4 scale and just two days ago my friend showed up at the field with a very costly plane.. When we comparied the planes they were exactly the same. I had my for many years.. I got it stright from the factory in China.. About 8 years ago.... His was ordered from the USA and from a so called US Manufacture... A lot of our hobby stuff is made in ASIA and then sent to the USA with there name on it.. My next trip to China i'm going to visit KM and see if I can take a tour thru there work shop.. I really wounder if if HPI & KM are built in the same factory? Just with different standards! It's truly hard to tell with any manufacture in todays world. Just my two cents..

I think alot of this confusion as to what is what is based off of people thinking items are manufactured in the US and Not Just based in the US. Hpi is based in the US but makes products in Japan, Taiwan and the United States. Rebadging of products is very common amung companies but that doesn't constitute theft of design. That is 2 companies working together for the common good of both of them.

Rebadging of products is not CLONING!

My complaint is companies in Asia or elsewhere outright and blatently stealing designs from other countries and or manufacturers and trying to sell those products with as near exact specs as the original products. There is a reason that most countries make those types of practices illegal. A company spending years on design could never recoop their research costs if their product was just copied by every 3rd world country immediately upon release to the market.

To answer your question here is the actual company that makes the KM bajas

Zhejiang Yongkang King's Sport Vehicle Co. Ltd
Fanzhai Industrial Zone
Chengxi New Zone
Yongkang
Zhejiang
China 321300
Tel: (86 579) 83843517 (86 579) 83843515
Fax: (86 579) 83843516
Homepage Address
http://www.globalsources.com/kingmotor.co

As far as I know HPI has no production facilities within China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks