Carb ? #2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo...

I have a 990 that won't idle, what do I look for when i rebuild it, meaning what was the cause of not idling. I also have a 1107 that I put on the same motor that idled but fell on its face when I hit the loud trigger, what do I look for with that issue. After trying both of these carbs I installed another 990 and its perfect. Both carbs that don't work are fairly new meaning not that much time on them. These carbs were tested on a obr 34 sig reed purchased late fall of 2020. I know were to set high and low needles, I have checked gaskets, so I'm just wondering what causing these problems. Been tuning baja,s for 8 years or so, so not a newbie. Thanks for any input or suggestions. You guys been very helpful and fun to BS with.

It drives me crazy when my buddy who own an rc store calls me and wants me to get a customers baja running and I go there to check it out and the thing looks like no ones cleaned it and still has original carb on it and it turns out to be the spark plug is bad WTF. My shat is well maintained and cleaned after every run, I just don't feking get it. Must be all that bad shat I did early in life and now I'm paying for it.🤣😜🤪🤪

Go read through the carb sticky. Not much going on in there. Idle circuit issues seem the plague these things. We've also been seeing a good deal of carbs not set up right from the factory, or being flat out junk out of the box. (In which case warranty should be utilized)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks