cat5-34cc race ported engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know in places the ethanol content can be more of a problem, but here in Indiana, I have never had any issues with the standaed mid grade 89 pump fuel.
I have ran 108 Klotz fuel also, and noticed no difference at all in performance, other that some Very small tuning adjustments.
Ethanol free fuel is definitely a help to the engines, but I don't believe that the higher octane is actually needed, or any kind of advantage, unless you are running a higher compression " Ported and Polished " type engine.
By all means if you chose to run ethanol free high octane fuel, you may see some benefits that I have not seen.
I am sure that altitude and other weather type conditions could be factors or reasons for doing so as well.

I run sonoco 93 octane and castor 927 for 34cc full mod. All pump gas has a 10 % methol. unless you know any without.

There are gas stations out there that do not have any, you just have to find them. In Alaska, non of the gas at the pump has it. The bad thing is premium is only 90 octane. Another reason why I run race gas. Back home down in the lower 48 I found a couple gas stations that sell ethanol/methanol free gas. It's a small distribution center though, so that's why. There is also a shell station that's sells it too.

I know in places the ethanol content can be more of a problem, but here in Indiana, I have never had any issues with the standaed mid grade 89 pump fuel.
I have ran 108 Klotz fuel also, and noticed no difference at all in performance, other that some Very small tuning adjustments.
Ethanol free fuel is definitely a help to the engines, but I don't believe that the higher octane is actually needed, or any kind of advantage, unless you are running a higher compression " Ported and Polished " type engine.
By all means if you chose to run ethanol free high octane fuel, you may see some benefits that I have not seen.
I am sure that altitude and other weather type conditions could be factors or reasons for doing so as well.
I started to break in my cat5 .34 with the r50 kloz oil. All this time I was running OBR .34 with castor 927. I love castor 927 oil. The smoke that is prodused by Klotz r50 is unbereble. My spark plugs need to be cleaned evry time I need to start the engine. I run this engine leaner then OBR and still so much smoke and cleaning of spark plugs. WIth castor 927 the engine always starts. I cant wait to finish a tank with Klotz r50.

I mix 110 with 91 octane half and half. Like someone mentioned above, unless you are running a high compression engine you will NOT see a difference in power. I run it for 2 reasons:
1> Most race fuels have a cooling agent in them to help keep the motor cooler
2> One of my motors is a high compression motor so 91 is not safe to run because of the pre-detonation problem.
Mixing it 50/50 gets me down to 99 octane which is probably more than I need but it's easier to mix 50/50.
So as mentioned above several people are right. Do not use ethanol blend. 110 octane will not make more power. 110 octane will not ruin your engine. Race fuels have cooling agents (not all of them though).

I started to break in my cat5 .34 with the r50 kloz oil. All this time I was running OBR .34 with castor 927. I love castor 927 oil. The smoke that is prodused by Klotz r50 is unbereble. My spark plugs need to be cleaned evry time I need to start the engine. I run this engine leaner then OBR and still so much smoke and cleaning of spark plugs. WIth castor 927 the engine always starts. I cant wait to finish a tank with Klotz r50.

There would be no resaon that the smoke would be unbearable, and you would need to clean your spark plug, other than an improperly tuned engine.
I have ran Klotz R50 and Zero issues.
You should NEVER need to clean a spark plug off, and if you do need to the tune of your engine is definitely wrong.

There would be no resaon that the smoke would be unbearable, and you would need to clean your spark plug, other than an improperly tuned engine.
I have ran Klotz R50 and Zero issues.
You should NEVER need to clean a spark plug off, and if you do need to the tune of your engine is definitely wrong.

today I started to run with the full speed, after I finished braking in the engine. I did not have a problem with smoke anymore and I was able to start the engine every time without cleenning the plug. My low needle on cat5 is 1 with r50 . On obr I had 1 1/4 with castor927. if I start opening the low needle, the idle starts to die.

That's talking about valves in a four stroke. It's not going to matter in a two stroke (lubricating). The importance in a two stroke is that it reduces pre detonation and causes smoother running/efficiency.

That's talking about valves in a four stroke. It's not going to matter in a two stroke (lubricating). The importance in a two stroke is that it reduces pre detonation and causes smoother running/efficiency.
I will agree that predetonation is the most important if you agree that lead is a lubricant

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks