CEN Racing's New Short Course Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New arrival for CEN Racing.

- 4WD
- 30cc engine
- Threaded aluminum shocks
- Super Duty Steering Servo
- Dual disc brakes
- Much Much More

Street Price: $ 749.99

MatrixSC-28.gif

MatrixSC-5-news-pic-SC.gif

MatrixSC-7.gif

If you have any questions feel free to let us know!

Thanks for your interest in the all new CEN Racing!

Thanks for showing us the goodies Andrew. Do you have any close-ups of the suspension and drivetrain.

We all have questions and would like to see more before we make any judgemental comments on these few pics.

i love the look. the rims/tires have that scale appearance. wonder how they are holding up. I take it these are a Square drive, not a hex?

any video? interested in seeing how it handles and takes roll overs.

As always guys, have some respect. If you have questions about this truck, ask away. If you just want to complain about past problems with other rmodels not even closely related to this one, start another thread and get your answers there.

Has anyone done a test on this model? Would love to hear and see how it ran. I do not know anything about the manufacture and past models.
A very nice starting cost for a r/c truck if it is worthy. hope it is, we need more 1/5 scales.

Last edited:
USABaja5,

Your welcome. I'll definately get some more close up shots for you guys as soon as possible.

Timmahh,

Thanks, We are working on a short video at this time, and should get it up on youtube and on our site very soon. I was surprised at the durability myself. I rolled it quite a few times only to keep on ticking. ; )

Bigger the Better,

Xtreme RC Magazine was the first to get one and they have a review in their current issue. Also, all other mags are working on review's now.

Atom,

Workin on the vid, and I'll look into getting a side by side HPI vs CEN Short Course's for you.

Andrew, can you tell us how goes about making this truck? We know its made at the FS factory, but are you able to spec out components, motors, bearings and radio equipement?

USABaja5,

No prob. We (CEN Racing) produce and engineer the drawings for the new parts which we would like to change or improve on the product. We produce the molds at one of our factories near the manufacturing plant known to the rc industry as "FS". The product is then produced to our standards and QC. Our own employees QC each and every product whenever we outsource manufacturing. This relationship allows for a product to be produced exponentially faster. This is done with our 1/5th scales only at this time.

as long as the durabilty is there (basically just meaning the body doesn't explode on a rollover, or the tires don't desinigrate on hard cornering ect...), the Price is certainly good, i can see a few of these moving out.

is it to early? or can you say if you plan to release a TFE kit? ie, no elects, and upgraded sub asseblies in the future?

Timmahhhh,

Yes we have considered producing a race roller type kit. The Zenoah engines will install with ease and the electronics are also versitale, much like all nitro powered vehicles.

5Tkid,

True, good point but they are still both 5th scale Trophy Trucks. ; ) I'll get a pic up for those who would like to see.

competition rc here is the local cen distributor. I am going to go hound joseph to bring at least one in. at worst I want a body and tires for my nutech to convert it. I love sc trucks. please make the body lexan guys... real lexan, not the brittle poly crap :D

We are happy to provide Largescaleforums.com an exclusive online review for our new Short Course. :)

Here are some comparison pictures upon request.

SANY0128.jpg
[/IMG]

SANY0159.jpg

SANY0162.jpg

SANY0164.jpg

If all goes well, we will be taking videos of this on Sunday at Milestone Racetrack in California. They have open practice on Sunday, so we can put it to the test against Bajas and Redcats and whatever else shows up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks