Ceramic crank bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lins

So I was trying to GPS my Baja last night, but found out my RPM's were being limited for some reason. I was originally getting 62.8km/h in the sand on the weekend. Last night, I put the stock tires back on and on pavement, I could only get 59.X km/h no matter what I did with the high end needle. It will accelerate nicely, then noticeably stops at a certain RPM. I'm assuming the crank bearings are starting to wear out. I figure I should start looking at all the replaceable items anyway for this winter for a rebuild when I swap out my engine. Does anybody know if the TFE Ceramic bearings will work? They are apparently for a beveled crank. Do these copies have a beveled crank? I'm assuming so. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
The offroad tires do balloon which probably helps. The on road tires hit 62.4 on the first pass, then I couldn't get above 60. The point of the post is that it would accelerate nice, then like a governor kicking in, it would suddenly hit a limit. I tried messing with the needles but nothing changed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks