Cleaned up the nitros for a pic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I'm looking at it something new that doesn't cost a arm and a leg plus I don't own a buggy
It's been 20 years since I had a nitro 1/8 scale buggy / truggy. OFNA Dominator truggy and a thunder tiger something.

This FG pictured with the OFNA ended my nitro days for the most part.
New Image.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures.

Personally, I am a huge fan of nitro. The maintenance is a pain in the a$$ but there is nothing like it.
If you understand how they work and know a little about tuning once you get them dialed in, they are a blast.
I hear a lot of complaints about fuel cost, fouling out glow plugs and such.

If I am out playing and having fun, then who cares about the cost of fuel (about $16 a quart around here), and I really can't remember the last time I had a plug go bad. I am sure I have had this happen but it has been a while.

Thanks for the pictures.

Personally, I am a huge fan of nitro. The maintenance is a pain in the a$$ but there is nothing like it.
If you understand how they work and know a little about tuning once you get them dialed in, they are a blast.
I hear a lot of complaints about fuel cost, fouling out glow plugs and such.

If I am out playing and having fun, then who cares about the cost of fuel (about $16 a quart around here), and I really can't remember the last time I had a plug go bad. I am sure I have had this happen but it has been a while.
I use o.s. plugs they last forever plus novarossi and O.S. engines you usually never need to touch the needles. It's usually those rtr motors that are a pain

I love nitro also, it was savage x 4.1 that got me total hooked on the hobby. I still have a soft spot for nitro and hpi, I completely understand the temptations and how hard to resist it can be ....
I was getting parts yesterday and had my hands all over the xrt ultimate!!! This time I managed to hold off but it was really hard!

20240219_081809.jpg

20240219_081828.jpg

20240219_081912.jpg

IMG_20240218_102826.jpg

Ah museum! Yes the wonderful end to a great car that was always fun until they stopped having spare parts!!!!
I have a few that are in museum status and can't seem to even want to get rid of them, just seeing them, holding them or even a leisure drive makes it all worth while to hang on to keep the memories.
It's really hard for me to give up and I will come up with all kinds of ideas to get that old rig back to functioning!
Currently coming up with ideas to bring my yeti xl back to working ....

17083528191153505089395847398136.jpg

Ah museum! Yes the wonderful end to a great car that was always fun until they stopped having spare parts!!!!
I have a few that are in museum status and can't seem to even want to get rid of them, just seeing them, holding them or even a leisure drive makes it all worth while to hang on to keep the memories.
It's really hard for me to give up and I will come up with all kinds of ideas to get that old rig back to functioning!
Currently coming up with ideas to bring my yeti xl back to working ....

Yeah , I don't want to really part with them. Lots of fun memories.
They are all runners but parts have become harder to find.

The Revo runs , it is only a 2.5 so it is older.
Slash and Jato are weekend warriors , not afraid to run those. Newer and parts not an issue.
The other three will most likely just stay there for now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks