cleaning air filters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clean and reuse 7 months on the same filter I clean as often as 3 to 5 runs on stock losi five filter with outerwear and no toil cleaner and oil

I have the k&n losi dbxl. I just get the recharge pack for their big filters. It last several cleanings. I too have the outterwears pre filter on my dbxl. Cleaning it depends on how dirty it gets. It does rent to catch a lot if crud from hanging out the side of the body. If I run really hard in a lot of muddy crap it clogs up fast. I've had the dbxl for a few years now and have only replaced the filter twice. But I keep a spare on hand, when the filter media starts looking suspect I just chuck it. Not worth blowing an engine over a $10 filter.

what you using to clean?
I'm using the no toil cleaner looks like tide I use maybe 2 teaspoons in hot water then I let it soak for about 3 minutes I squeeze it many times and I squeeze it with fresh water a few more time I let it dry overnight but I read somewhere that it splits the dt 1 filter it removes the glue in between so not good for those type of filters but I could be wrong
I anticipate that the no toil cleaner and oil will last me a long time and it keeps the carb really clean

Hot water and dawn soap works lovely for me. Every 3 to 5 runs also depending on were im driving and conditions. Becomes a pain sometimes but at least i no theres no dirt going into motor. Diffantly a piece of mind

Slightly off topic...and not hijack this thread, but are most of you guys running a foam based filter or a k&n type like I have? Main reason I ask is you clean them differently and it may be helpful to know

Its what came with my DBXL. I'm not crazy about it. But with the filter hanging out the side and the outterwears over it I figured it would work. Unfortunately I don't know of any decent filter options that bring it inside the body without restricting flow or protruding farther outside of the body

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks