Clutch springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may have already been discussed... forgive me if it has...

My question is... does the 8000 spring that most use actually engage around 8000 or much sooner with full engagement at 8000.
I ask this because I recently installed DDMs “9500” spring thinking it wouldn’t engage until 9500...but noticed it actually engaged at 7000 which wasn’t quite what I was lookin for.. since my stock 6000 spring in 5ive 2.0 actually engaged at 6000. I asked DDM about the engagement rpm of the 9500 spring and they said 7000 was normal for that spring... ?

I looked on DDMs site.. the 9500 spring says it’s supposed to touch around 8500... mine touches at 7000... ?

The 8000 spring on the site says it touches around 8000... I have 2 of the 8000 springs.. so I guess I’ll just put one one and see what it does... I’ll report back in a few days... won’t stop raining here.. ?

Should have bought a boat... or maybe an airboat.. ? I’ve seen one with a nitro engine on it but I’d definitely get one if it had a 2 stroke ?

Well I finally got around to swapping out the “9500” clutch spring for a trusty old 8000 one and wouldn’t you know it.... now the truck starts moving around 8000-8500... so IMO the “9500” spring is ???... hate to say that but it is what it is... just thought I’d share my findings

I changed from 8000 to a 9500 and I have more rev before truck moves. I like the rpm to be up when coming out off the corners.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks