DBXL 2.0 Cooling fans dbxle 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Mars

Anyone run this setup?Lots of debates over heatsink mount vs. open mount.Might just trim most of the heatsink off.No luck finging castle fans in stock , run them on the xmaxx with no failures.Gonna give them a shot,I like how both fan leads wired to one lead/port on reciver.All thoughts appriciated

20231020_153011.jpg

20231020_152944.jpg

20231020_152917.jpg

That's some nice fans! I also swapped out the fans on my x maxx to the rocket fans. But I encountered tremendous opposition from the stock locations for them to fit!
I had to file down the out side of the aluminum housings on all raised edges compared ti all the sides that where slightly less protruding. Once in they where fine and sound like an airplane more than fans.
No experience with that heat sink you have but as long as you don't give up, you'll get it to go on some how.

It physical fits very nice,kinda snaps right on,nice and snug.My thoughts are the fans are blowing on the heat sink more than the motor .Theoretically that is the whole point,but will the heat sink pull heat off motor better than having the fans blowing on motor.Looks like some triming off of heat sink will give me a nice strong fan mount.I bought 2 so just might modify one and try both ways.More Tony Stark built this in a cave adventures.........

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks