Couple of new bits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great, love the HPI look, and now u can run paddles should you wish :)

Yeah then I will have an excuse to build a sandpit :lol:

Nearly finished the painting just waiting for some decals to turn up and then I can put the lacquer on and hope my HPI Baja rear wing turns up and get fitting that hopefully :)

Still waiting to have a run with the new wheels damn work and weather don't seem to have a decent day between them :(

Edit: Painting is finished but could be better but then again I'm only going to crash this at some point plus it needs a lacquer but otherwise its ok :D

DSCF4174.jpg

Last edited:
just a thought fella, are you guna stiffen those side mounts? only askin cause mines a fiberglass shell and mine snaped first run out plus with no roof or nose body mounts it might be to much for the shell to cope with!

Good point, I have some red anodised aluminium I can cut and make some strips to support the post holes with, might give it a go before it take it out for a run.

i would mate cause after a week of sandin, paintin and fittin to take it out on its first run and rip the shell off wasnt good mate :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Sorted out some support for the side mount holes a bit of stainless sheet and tin snips later some drilling and then some washers,bolts and nuts with some blue thread lock and its all nice and hopefully secure :lol:

DSCF4178copy.jpg

DSCF4179copy.jpg

Well its all painted and has all its bits I have ordered including baja wing and looks nice enough to roll over now :lol:

Now where is the dry weather :mad: this motor don't like the wet at all well the battery doesn't anyway :lol:

DSCF4210.jpg

Had a slight chip in the paint when ripping the masking tape off :( but ok apart from that really quite pleased on how it looks now :eek:

love it any chance of a pic of the body mounts youve use or made im sick of my tub and want to trim off the arches on mine there only in the way and started looking crapy due to cracks so im going to lower the shell down like this cheers

Used the standard mounts and made them roughly an inch shorter and drilled bolted em up with the stainless steel reinforced strip on the body post holes, hope you can see how from these.

DSCF4219copy.jpg

DSCF4221copy.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks