Crucial 4wd Rovan Baja??‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crucialRC

Sir Lancelot 🛡
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So I figure it is time to do a "build log" of my bastard child, Rovan 4wd baja. Came as a RTR nylon rc with a 32cc engine. The 32 runs pretty damn good too. This how she arrived and sits most of the time. I painted over the ugly body to a solid gray since I wasn't too keen on the extravagant baja colors.
20190526_222517.jpg
Another of her with the body off and how she stays
20181102_163437.jpg
Booted axles
20200727_203539.jpg
Dual 55kg servos better than stock. ??‍♂️its a Rovan?
20200727_203544.jpg20200727_203542.jpg
Heres a pic of how the 4wd works on her. Its pretty elementary?
20200727_203628.jpg
Just fitted a silenced VRC baja pipe that was spotted by @Z.hb71 on the ebay thread. Good catch?? Took some mods to fit it to this baja but looks way better than the stock baha pipe. Plus it sounds and runs better.
20200727_203424.jpg20200727_203415.jpg
20200727_203435.jpg
Stock pipe if anyone is looking for one?
20200727_203405.jpg
Now I'm not planning on this being a crazy build but I'm gonna definitely spend some time with it. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it offroad or get some slicks and make it onroad. What you guys think??

So I figure it is time to do a "build log" of my bastard child, Rovan 4wd baja. Came as a RTR nylon rc with a 32cc engine. The 32 runs pretty damn good too. This how she arrived and sits most of the time. I painted over the ugly body to a solid gray since I wasn't too keen on the extravagant baja colors.
View attachment 61657
View attachment 61666
Booted axles
View attachment 61658
View attachment 61659View attachment 61660
View attachment 61661
Just fitted a silenced VRC baja pipe that was spotted by @Z.hb71 on the ebay thread. Good catch?? Took some mods to fit it to this baja but looks way better than the stock baha pipe. Plus it sounds and runs better.
View attachment 61662View attachment 61663
View attachment 61664
View attachment 61665
Now I'm not planning on this being a crazy build but I'm gonna definitely spend some time with it. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it offroad or get some slicks and make it onroad. What you guys think??
Your welcome for the vrc , il take a few bucks for the find ??? give/sell the old pipe to @cbaker65

View attachment 61657
View attachment 61666
Booted axles
View attachment 61658
View attachment 61661
View attachment 61664
View attachment 61665

That look freakin awsesome ,I wouldnt change it!....:love:

Rovan prob only has 6 or 8 tanks on it. @cbaker65 can hit me if he wants it??

?You got it.

I am touched ,out of all the years that I been involved in RC's an on forums ,I had never been offered any thing!....???

However ,Like I said before ,I would have to check finances an get an ok from the wife ,no matter how big or small a purchase
is ,but if it is a go ,I would be proud to take it off your shelf!....(y)

I wonder if you dump a bunch of money into compatible parts only to realize you break a weak point in the drivetrain every run and Rovan is the only company that makes a replacement?
Interesting. Curious to see how it holds up. As leon said should run it good before doing to much in case their is a weak point that isnt upgradable
I don't think anything is compatible with regular HPI Baja. I think its wider and maybe longer than the baja chassis. Maybe someone could give me some measurements. I bought the baja front bumper for it and it didnt fit. Trans gears prob aren't the same either, especially with the extra gear for the 4wd. The 32 is enough for it. Maybe a zen 32 in the future??

View attachment 61657
View attachment 61666
Booted axles
View attachment 61658
View attachment 61661
View attachment 61664
View attachment 61665
Killer detailed pictures, Lance. Gives me some inspiration to spend some time at my rocket stand and get down. 4wd buggy looks killer!

Well there's another company that makes this model. It's called the Exceed Barca; https://www.nitrorcx.com/barca.html No clue if they're any good, certainly Chinese like Rovan.

Nice clean looking build you have going there. I like your mod to get the VRC pipe on. If the pipe is any indicator, that rig is definitely quite a bit longer than an HPI Baja. You're right about the drive train too. It's a completely different type of transmission. Much closer to @dougstar's Beetle than a Baja.

Well there's another company that makes this model. It's called the Exceed Barca; https://www.nitrorcx.com/barca.html No clue if they're any good, certainly Chinese like Rovan.

Nice clean looking build you have going there. I like your mod to get the VRC pipe on. If the pipe is any indicator, that rig is definitely quite a bit longer than an HPI Baja. You're right about the drive train too. It's a completely different type of transmission. Much closer to @dougstar's Beetle than a Baja.
Odd thing is that it looks like it shares some parts of the Baja but then you take a closer look and start to question everything.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks