• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a tiny little bugger of a magnet from what I could see in the vid. didnt see Colling fins on your flywheel are they bolt on? Of so you may be able to attach something to one of them

So how do they cool the engine? If your flywheel does have a magnet on it is it removable? And how handy are you with metal work?
Not really tried metal working cuz I never had a need, I do want to get good at it tho ?. My magnet does not appear to be removable but I think if you heated it up it should come out. I think the alx engine is solely are cooled, which I don't like cuz it could overheat when idleing. I think I wanna make or try to find a flywheel with fins.

If it can be removed it would need to be replaced with something non magnetic of the same weight to keep the flywheel balanced. Then you can mount your new magnet wherever you so desire on the flywheel. Or have another flywheel made/find one without a magnet in it..... gotta love custom builds ?

If it can be removed it would need to be replaced with something non magnetic of the same weight to keep the flywheel balanced. Then you can mount your new magnet wherever you so desire on the flywheel. Or have another flywheel made/find one without a magnet in it..... gotta love custom builds ?
Lol gotta love em..............my wallet don't tho ?

Started building that truck in 09, started dating my wife in 10. She seen how much I dumped into it.... she got the house she wanted so win win i guess lol. I don't regret doing it and i think everyone should have a great project/goal that gets accomplished. Mine was my truck still have it. As I'm sure you'll never get rid of this project and take great pride when done.

Started building that truck in 09, started dating my wife in 10. She seen how much I dumped into it.... she got the house she wanted so win win i guess lol. I don't regret doing it and i think everyone should have a great project/goal that gets accomplished. Mine was my truck still have it. As I'm sure you'll never get rid of this project and take great pride when done.
Yep, I don't plan on getting rid of it. It's has sentimental value.
This could be a option for a new flywheel
Think this Isa option for a new flywheel
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/362521944984

Last edited:
So here is what I'm thinking

Rcexl CDI
Rcexl kill switch
Hall sensor tester with degree wheel
Tachometer (maybe)
Rcexl flywheel

The flywheel doesn't have any fins so what I'm thinking is making some screw on fins.
I think this solves the ignition. Also all of this stuff is plug and play, well except for the flywheel. Now I don't have to get a soldering iron and all of it's accessories to solder the ignition. Plus it's much much simpler and costs less than the moped whole thing. ?
Also when u said 19-20 degrees of Timing is that 19-20 degrees before top dead center or 19-20 degree after top dead center?

Last edited:
Not really tried metal working cuz I never had a need, I do want to get good at it tho ?. My magnet does not appear to be removable but I think if you heated it up it should come out. I think the alx engine is solely are cooled, which I don't like cuz it could overheat when idleing. I think I wanna make or try to find a flywheel with fins.
It won't overheat whilst idling Zee, normally only overheat whilst driving like a tool or a crap tune.lol like doing donuts screwing the engine with no airflow across the cylinder n head fins, clutch slip also doesn't help. If you do manage to get really hot you should let the engine idle and stay lubed up until the temps come down.

It won't overheat whilst idling Zee, normally only overheat whilst driving like a tool or a crap tune.lol like doing donuts screwing the engine with no airflow across the cylinder n head fins, clutch slip also doesn't help. If you do manage to get really hot you should let the engine idle and stay lubed up until the temps come down.
Ahh ok. I heard in a video of sum dude being a tool and it was overheating and one of them said don't turn it off, why not turn it off? I'm thinking because it will sieze ? Wanna keep note

Before top dead center is advanced. Retard is after top dead center. And nice list! I think you got it all pinned down.
Like mark said... I hadn't thought of it before. Our old dirt bikes were free air, no cooling system or fan and they never over heated when riding. Guess alx is using the same idea. Which makes your flywheel issue all the more easy!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks