• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see a vid of the drill turning the motor over, corded drills normally don't have much torque.
A good 18v cordless should spin it good.
Yeah my small cordlrss drill can't turn it over. Corded one can quote well. Do there won't be much going places and running till I get s pull start and compression release

Yeah my small cordlrss drill can't turn it over. Corded one can quote well. Do there won't be much going places and running till I get s pull start and compression release
COMPRESSION RELEASE !!!!....you will never get corn juice to light up with that working against ya!!!!

Wonder how av gas would fair in my engine, I hear it's a clean fuel and runs good ? That is if I could get some.

Find a local "small aircraft" airport and ask if you can purchase "100LL" . If you insist on running race fuel, 100LL is the easiest to obtain.

Z try firing it on gas like the new guy said.
Alright ? question. Should I preheat the head to like 100-150deg to help it along? Or should it be a complete cold start? I'd assume heat would help it along. Also should I empy my tank of e85 and fill with 91 or put 91 in the plug hole to get it to start sucking from the carb?

Last edited:
try to start just like I said. It will give ya idea if psi in roll over is good enough to run e85. If its starts and only likes gas to stay running your psi might not be high enough. should not need to heat head on a gas startup

If all fails and no run you better get a degree wheel and see if timing box is talking right with motor as you got alot of different parts mixed and matched on that build
PSC is here on east coast and sells all Sunoco race fuel types. UPS will carry 5 gal cans of fuel. just make a mock order and your zip code will tell ya if shipping is good for you or not. With the r/c mod motors we run the Surge 105 as It has nothing in it but good ol race gas, no added crap that 2 smokers do not need and has a great shelf life when stored right

Last edited:
Ok so, I poured a tiny bit of 91 gas into the plug hole, and without changing anything, it started and ran for a couple seconds while I held 1/4 throttle. If I let off it would die, so I have a idle issue, and the flywheel nut rounded off, and the clutch nut fell off ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?. So I've got to take that nut off and buy a new one. But it some what runs. And it sounds very much like a alx 71 just with a bit deeper sound. I love the sound. You guys will get to hear it whenever I fix that my nuts.

yea I got deeper sound when my nut's are messed up too. You should pop pipe off kwik and see if piston/rings are playing nice with slug hole.
yea those funny car drill motor starters are tough on crank hardware ! BUT IT FIRED OFF.......COOL!!!!!!

Last edited:
I would be very careful smacking around a hard m8 crank end!!! , snap off alot easier than you think. They are strong but not in the way you are using it.
zee , seen a guy take another set of the shorter upper rear shock springs and another set of that slider perch and he clipped the coils down to put on top of the short springs already on there [three spring stack ]get proper ride height with a big motor in chassis

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks