• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok change of plans (sort of), i was gunna get a spacer that the machine shop would modify, looked more into it and fastenall, O'Day (small local faster shop), home depot, etc don't have it, ordering it would cost like 10 bucks shipped (ridiculous for a freakin spacer!) and it wouldn't come in time for tomarrow unless I overnight shipped it, not happening. sooo instead of all of that bullshit ^^^^, im just gonna give the measurements I need and have the machine shop make me a custom one outa steel or maybe alu. way easier and most likely cheaper

Well this is slightly annoying, the crank for my engine (it's a Malossi one but it's Basically a remanufactured/rebranded bzm crank) has a retarded ass size for the woodruff key, sooooo it won't be in by tomorrow obviously so I'mma have to order it and the machine shop will have to do it when I pick up the rest of the stuff and that's a couple days

ok so i think ive found the key i need, ive found out that the key they use is a feather woodruff key, by using this little picture
and see this is the bzm key that i need
bzm key.jpg
so those keys are 2 euros, notice euros, and shipping would be like 40 usd so ill pass, after sum searching and measuring ive found these that should work
https://www.ebay.com/i/121971084144?chn=ps&var=420960831439 im gunna try to find these local. hopefully i can. but if not il order them

Ok now that I'm all caught up here... surprised they didnt have key stock on hand.... and if they do the taper right you could use an aluminum key and it shouldn't break. Its normally more for timing and not retention. A tapered shaft has an interfearance fit. The tighter you make it the harder it wedges on there. Kinda like @TODD said about using a normal nut to wedge it on there first.
Any how really stoked to see this is almost done!

Ok now that I'm all caught up here... surprised they didnt have key stock on hand.... and if they do the taper right you could use an aluminum key and it shouldn't break. Its normally more for timing and not retention. A tapered shaft has an interfearance fit. The tighter you make it the harder it wedges on there. Kinda like @TODD said about using a normal nut to wedge it on there first.
Any how really stoked to see this is almost done!
Ok thx for the info! The key is really small, 3x3x8mm plus its the rounded edge feather ones as I've said and I find those to be more uncommon for some reason, and of course in typical custom build fashion mine uses it LoL. Found a big assortment of steal ones for 18 bucks shipped and it included 10x of the ones I need. So I'll get that ordered up ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks