CY billet head kit: any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyring2210

I just ordered a CY billet head kit from DDM. Does anybody have any tips on the install of this? I'm an aircraft mechanic so I am not worried about the basics, just about tips to make the engine run better or more powerfully while I'm in there. Thanks.

don't over tighten the cylinder bolts (5 Ft Lbs torque specs) or the head bolts (not sure but i think 5ft/lbs torque also)

overtightening them will cause the sides of the cylinder to push inward between the bolts and will cause some issue.

not sure if you have to stack cylinder gaskets to make room for the 2mm stroker crank with these.

while your doing the 2mm crank, toss the CY crank bearings and buy a set of Fast Eddy Crank Bearings (standards 13.00 or ceramics 39.00) the cy crank bearings tend to fail a bit early and cause un needed down time and repairs.

Thanks

I have finally got around to installing te head kit, and Thank goodness I am fairly good with a wrench! The kit does NOT come with any instructions!?! The only problems that I came across were that I had a bit of trouble with getting the piston into the cylinder (I found a small burr on the cylinder that I had to remove) and there is a space that is included for attaching the ignition coil, but a longer screw for the spacer is NOT included. A trip to Homedepot solved the problem. I can't wait to finish up the other stuff I'm doing to my machine so I can hear it scream! :cool2:

make sure you line up the ring so as shown here ....there is alittle nub along the grove the ring fits in.... that nub goes inbetween the opening of the ring...if you don't the piston wont go into the head

The only problems that I came across were that I had a bit of trouble with getting the piston into the cylinder I found a small burr on the cylinder that I had to remove

You didnt remove this did you???

0036.jpg

Also make sure the dot/mark on the piston head faces the exhaust port side of the engine

0045.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks