cylinder head removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heraclitus7

hello king motor people..waiting for tapping and threading tools to do rethread job on exhaust to muffler connection. i would like to know if i should remove the head or whole motor before attempting to work on stripped thread. you know i wish i had some knowledge to share in this forum, but unfortunately i know nothing about these gas buggys. ..but really trying to learn.haven't even started the motor yet.but i succeeded in stripping the thread ...because i thought i needed to tighten the muffler really tight oops.

hello king motor people..waiting for tapping and threading tools to do rethread job on exhaust to muffler connection. i would like to know if i should remove the head or whole motor before attempting to work on stripped thread. you know i wish i had some knowledge to share in this forum, but unfortunately i know nothing about these gas buggys. ..but really trying to learn.haven't even started the motor yet.but i succeeded in stripping the thread ...because i thought i needed to tighten the muffler really tight oops.
I say remove the head because if metal shavings do get in the cylinder head you can clean them out easier. Also when u go back and reasemble it, put some 2 stroke oil in the cylinder so you don't scratch it up.

we all have to start somewhere and we all learn together (y)
I say remove the head because if metal shavings do get in the cylinder head you can clean them out easier. Also when u go back and reasemble it, put some 2 stroke oil in the cylinder so you don't scratch it up.
+1(y)

Personally if it were me I would just remove the engine . Tape off the port except the threaded area. Drill out the old threads . Vacuum the shavings out of the area and the hole. Put some grease on the tap (this will capture the chips from the tap) or use tap oil and re-thread the hole with the tap vacuum again if you used oil ,then install the heli-coil and break off the tang . Make sure to get the tang out of the newly threaded hole .

don't get too worked up about it there's not a lot going on there. Here's a manual. It breaks down the parts for the king motor engine. It's the link at the top of the page.

https://www.kingmotorrc.com/support-downloads
don't hesitate to ask if you get stuck on something...
Thanks very much
don't get too worked up about it there's not a lot going on there. Here's a manual. It breaks down the parts for the king motor engine. It's the link at the top of the page.

https://www.kingmotorrc.com/support-downloads
don't hesitate to ask if you get stuck on something...
Thanks again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks