DBXL 2.0 DBXL 2.0 gas steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrace

Looking for recommendations for replacement steering servo. We now have 6 of the DBXLs in our club and although they are a blast when running everybody has had a lot of breakages. Currently we have had a number of gear failures in the stock steering servo and even though horizon has been good about warranty it usually takes a couple of weeks to get replacements. I tried the losi s900 upgrade that they listed as an optional part but the stock servo arm rubs on the servo case so I didn’t use it. Also nobody seems to list replacement gear set for the stock servo. Horizon does list some other optional servos at $225 so I am a little hesitant to spend that much unless that’s what I need to actually get any reliability.

I know Sean is gonna bark at me for this but I say Hi-Tech wp845. You mention your in a club so I'm assuming you guys are racing and pushing the cars hard all afternoon. At $100 the 845's don't hurt as much replacing them and from what I seen racing last season, servo's are gonna break. In my head having spares is the only form of reliability.

I'm a cheap arse tho and never ponied up for a Hilly so take what I say with a grain of salt 👍

Prior to this hilly I had the hitec 845. While it is plastic housing the servo has about the same amount of power as the new hilly I got and also is faster. I wanted to try something different with a aluminum housing so I went with the hilly.

The only hitec I ever had was and is a glitchy pos. Hutec basically said it was my radio. I call bs on that. The 3pv has never had an issues with any other brand servo. I even hooked it up to a receiver and my 3pm with the fasst set up and it still sat and glitches back and forth. Screw hi tec.

Lots of guys are running the primal raminator servo in their Arrma 1/5 scales and seem to be happy with them
If you guys are on a budget they are a decent cheap servo but they are not going to compare to the big dollar units
I put one in my 8s outcast and it works good in it and it’s held up to our club racing so far

Little update on the new hilly.

I switch it out with a agfrc servo for the steering and installed the hilly for throttle. The servo was good for 2 tanks and decided to die after 2nd run. Extremely disappointed in this servo.

Also it doesn't have near 1200oz of torque like they claim and pretty much on the super slow side.

Anyways I would not recommend this servo at all. Save your money and buy something else.

These are my top 3 choices and reliable servos.
Agfrc
Spektrum S9110BL
Hitec 845

Here is a video of the servo dying.
I caught it on time because the car started to freak out so I had to hit the kill switch to turn off the car.

Last edited:
1200 is only at 8.4volts 1000 at 7.4 volts. Wonder what caused it to shite, I've had mine a few Years now on the vekta and it's worked well. Not the same model though I have the hlt8000 in mine. I'd be going back for warranty. Mine has killed the performance of the hitec hands down.

I’ve had a few Hilly serves die also. I won’t buy them again. AGFRC servos for steering for me from here out.

I bought 3 of the agfrc servo and installed on all my cars except the Kraton 8S because it wouldn't fit. Anyways I sold that and it was brand new. But the one I put on the losi 5T and my dbxle is absolutely amazing servo. So smooth, quiet and extremely powerful and quick.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks