DBXL 2.0 DBXL 2.0 - What are your final low- and high-speed carburetor needle settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to chime in again, I just did the pop pressure on my boat carb which is a wt-1048. First check it went over 30 and it ended up blowing the line off so I cut the top group of coils and it brought it to 30,half coil it went to 25 and then one last half brought me to 20. It doesn't hurt to make sure your spring is right, sometimes you get lucky which I did on my new 5t 2.0 but most of the time no dice.
That's normal rep, they don't spec a pop pressure. We just need more fuel for our application then a standard weed Wacker engine lol.
Anything is better than pinning the needle on the Gauge :LOL: 🤦‍♂️
Think of it like this. You get a weed Wacker, saw, blower, ect in. Bad carb. Toss a kit in and it runs great. Now redesign the engine for performance and it needs more fuel. Now we need to worry about more fuel, so pop pressure becomes important.

Just read this thread and a couple things I have found out...... one is to be really careful not to screw up the check valve the one in the second Pic you showed cause if that goes you can't prime the carb and I was stupid and used compressed air and hit it to hard after cleaning and messed it up ..... makes the carb a paper weight from what I have found out...... also if you have a spare plug switch it out many times I switch out the plug after fighting with the engine for a while until I'm passed off and bam it will fire half way on the first pull and then I slap my self in the head and hope no one has noticed I just wasted 15 min of my life ...... that's great to know about how to figure out and adjust pop off pressure as well thanks for the knowledge on that score 😀 I will use that in the future. I have a question about a problem I'm having but I'm going to make a fresh post so if you can look at it please do ..... that goes to anyone who reads this thanks.

If your referring to the purge bulb check valve, they are available to purchase separately. If your referring to the main check valve your screwed. Either way your an idiot for blowing compressed air in a carb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks