DBXL 2.0 DBXL-E body issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridehigh

Just got this and I love it so far.
Now needing to charge battles and can’t get the body off.
Hood pins are off and pin studs are loose from the body.
Looks like Something is binding behind the pin studs. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 11
I had 3 of these dbxle-2.0 and this is normal. You can bore out the holes little bigger (not too much) to make it easier for the body to slide on the post.

Hi Ridehigh, I have a DBXL 2.0 and fitting the body was initially a PIA. But I found an easier and fast way of doing this. First of all, get rid of the stock body clips and replace them with 90deg bent clips. This makes removal/installation of the clips a breeze. If you look carefully at the two studs beneath the main hood, you'll find that there is a lever that you can push/pull with your finger to move the stud forward/backward/sideways (see photo). So, when you close the main hood, just put your finger under the hood and manipulate the lever until you can see the stud through the hole in the hood. At this point, you won't be able to fit the clips to the studs yet as they are not protruding through the holes fully. Temporarily push the hood down and hold it down with your elbow while you expand the two sides of the body cage to fit the six side studs (three on the left and three on the right). Btw, I don't use any clips for the side studs to make things easier while still getting the mechanical support needed for the cage in case of crashes. Then finally fit the two clips for the main hood. You'll get the hang of it after a couple of tries.

Attachments

• IMG_6756.jpg
    IMG_6756.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6755.jpg
    IMG_6755.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks