DDM Daves Discount motors advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first 5th scale at Christmas but have been in the hobby for over 20 years. I've already spent hundreds of dollars with ddm and have received some of the best customer service ever from that company. Fast shipping helpful advice and no issue returning one part with a defect. I went to them because of all the recommendations I received from more experienced 5th scale hobbyists. They don't sell junk! If it's reported by their customers to be a bad product they discontinue selling it. You should adjust your attitude and if you are not equipped with the knowledge or proper tools (ie.. an inch pounds torque wrench) let professionals work on your motors. I doubt you will find much support for your rant against ddm here or on other forums.

Ddm

I have done business with Daves Discount and found them great to deal with. They are very fast to ship and so far everything I ordered was correct as discribed. Ed

If I could give any advice it would be to stay away from DDM/Daves Discount Motors. Purchased an item from them which did not work and after several months I was able to return it (good on their part). I spoke to an employee and offered to ship the part for them to repair but I was told that they don't even build or repair engines. When they received the part they blamed me saying I damaged it. I feel they were very disrespectful and talked down to me. Not sure if they are used to dealing with kids and felt that was ok but it was not. BUYER BEWARE!! Hope they remember they are one in a million toy stores on the internet. They need us we don't need them.
Everything I gotten from there last no longer then 30 days if that and for example the gp460 start from ddm is smaller then the stock I’m not bashing them there parts just don’t last

Everything I gotten from there last no longer then 30 days if that and for example the gp460 start from ddm is smaller then the stock I’m not bashing them there parts just don’t last
No matter what is made it will break if used improperly. Btw , ddm sells a conversion for the gp460 to fit a smaller zenoah pull start to fit into tighter places so guys will stop complaining about needing to cut stuff to fit a bigger motor than was intended.
No matter how hard you try to make something idiot proof ... someone comes out with a better idiot. Lol

Personally, I have to say ... I've never had an issue with DDM. Even back to their earlier days before they greatly expanded from just 2 stroke engine parts. They've always been super polite and helpful.

I recently asked a handful of questions about the Kraken stuff versus Losi etc. and they were happy to give honest feedback on even the stuff they sell to make money, which speaks volumes to me. In the end, I felt like a bit of a noodle because I didn't end up buying any of the kits from them at that point but I continue to buy a lot of other stuff from them I need in the meantime because I've always been impressed.

Compared to some of the other 5th scale guys, like Detroit Performance who I've asked a couple questions now and have never received a response at all from for some reason ... and a couple other companies, I would say DDM from personal experience is great. And their shipping to Canada is quick as balls. If I order on a Monday I always have it before the weekend for a very reasonable shipping price by comparison.

I'm sure ddm is smiling if they read this. Many guys stepped up for their defence of a hothead rant! 1/5th scale is tough so it's nice to have places to share lessons Learned. Good to learn from your own mistakes, but smarter to learn from others lessons. Not that many guys make it to 5th scale either, let alone dominate so it's fun to show are stories and get compliments for success. Even the hobby shop has more guys shacking their heads as if it's stupid and a waste of time. Ha! Jokes on them, they don't get the rewards.

I hate how eager ddm is to take my money. Can't they atleast hit us with a "are you sure you want to purchase all this" before we confirm our order. :mad:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks