Decisions, decisions... Vekta.5 and Vesla.5 engine choices... Need opinions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Here is what I have already:

Vekta.5 with ESP Race Ported 34cc. I feel like it gets around pretty well with that motor.
Baja 5b with Castle XLX2/800kv. This is ballistic on 8s.
I have pre-ordered a Vesla.5 Gas SBK with a bunch of upgrades including the E-conversion kit just in case. ( I also got the SX5 sidewinder kit and VRC pipe)

Here is my dilemma:
The Vesla.5 will need a power plant. I am entertaining 2 options:
1. Pick up a hobbywing Max5/800kv combo (I have no desire for 12S) and leave the ESP34cc on the Vekta
2. Swap the ESP34cc from the Vekta to the Vesla. I feel like that engine would be perfect for the Vesla. (But then what do I put in the Vekta? Maybe a Taylor 50GT? It will take me a while to save up for it)

I honestly contemplated selling the Vekta a while back, but decided "Screw that. I'm just going to full send it and have a blast"

My Baja 5B/T with Hobbywing Max5/800kv. This is ballistic on 8s.
I have pre-ordered a Vesla.5 Gas SBK with a bunch of upgrades including the E-conversion kit just in case. ( I also got the SX5 sidewinder kit and VRC pipe)

Here is my dilemma:
The Vesla.5 will need a power plant. I am entertaining 2 options:
1. Pick up a hobbywing Max5/800kv combo (I have no desire for 12S) and leave the ESP34cc on the Vekta
2. Swap the ESP34cc from the Vekta to the Vesla. I feel like that engine would be perfect for the Vesla. (But then what do I put in the Vekta? Maybe a Taylor 50GT? It will take me a while to save up for it)

I honestly contemplated selling the Vekta a while back, but decided "Screw that. I'm just going to full send it and have a blast"
2015-2016
My Baja 5B/T with Hobbywing Max5 on 6S was Ballistic on dirt tires and even more insane on 8S with Paddles. Loved that platform
My Losi WRC 5R with Hobbywing Max5 on 8S was Ballistic and only 1 time i wanted more power. LOVED this platform and as they saying goes "I should have never sold it".

Getting back into RC i watched some of my old RC vids and started researching Gas or Electric. Always wanted a Vekta Buggy and looked a the gassers. Nice but still all about which motor you wanted for useable but insane power. I admire our resident Alien Elon Musk and when i saw the Vekta 5E and it had 12S i said he would approve of the rocket producing PWR it produced so i couldn't hit the pre-order buy fast enough. While i am not a test driver like Thunder RC etc i will certainly put it through it's paces. I like different and a IFS/SA RC is frustrating at first but once it is tuned a little and you understand how to drive one they are great RC's with lot's of laughs to be had.

As said here and everywhere on this site, whatever makes you feel like a 5yo again, i say Fawk it and go all out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks