Do NOT leave the cheap POS Rovan Rx charger unattended !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

Hey guys, just a safety heads up, if you have a Rovan or KM RTR kit do NOT leave the cheap china POS Rx charger connected to your vehicle. This charger will NOT shut off after a full charge is reached. The red/green LED status light will stay red (charging) indefinitely and cause your battery to get excessively hot. I used the charger like a week ago and didn't have an issue. Plugged it it, showed red, after about 2 hrs the light was green, so ok full charge done. I used it a few days ago and stupid me forgot to check and left it plugged in for about 36 hrs came out and I felt some heat from the battery case cover and it never went into "green" mode still was in charge mode. I disassembled the radio case and the rx battery was way to hot for my comfort. I also noticed the wall plug was also hot. Head my warning, be EXTREMELY cautions and keep a close eye on your charger if you need to use the cheap wall charger. Im going to use my Tenergy from now on.

Luckily i was only charging the standard Rovan Nimh rx 5 cell hump. I think I could have had a serious fire had I been charging a Lipo !

Hey guys, just a safety heads up, if you have a Rovan or KM RTR kit do NOT leave the cheap china POS Rx charger connected to your vehicle. This charger will NOT shut off after a full charge is reached. The red/green LED status light will stay red (charging) indefinitely and cause your battery to get excessively hot. I used the charger like a week ago and didn't have an issue. Plugged it it, showed red, after about 2 hrs the light was green, so ok full charge done. I used it a few days ago and stupid me forgot to check and left it plugged in for about 36 hrs came out and I felt some heat from the battery case cover and it never went into "green" mode still was in charge mode. I disassembled the radio case and the rx battery was way to hot for my comfort. I also noticed the wall plug was also hot. Head my warning, be EXTREMELY cautions and keep a close eye on your charger if you need to use the cheap wall charger. Im going to use my Tenergy from now on.
Sorry your's is/was defective. Thankfully mine has been fine . I think it goes without saying that Anytime you charge any battery you keep an eye on it .

This is exactly why whenever I get a new RC, the first thing I do is throw that trash away, and get a proper charger. Doesn't need to be anything crazy, just something that cuts off when it's charged. Mine was $30, 4 years ago, best investment I've made

THAT TENERGYWORKS GOOD I BOUGHT ONE.FOR THE MONEY.

don't get stuff from China that connects to the main socket. My rule is 12v max. The only exception I make is Asus PSU's which I would be completely fine with. But I think they are a Taiwan company, no?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks