DBXL 2.0 Does the antenna for RX really stay inside the RX box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epoweredrc

I was shocked to open the RX box lid and just find the rx just laying inside the box, it wasn't fastened down or anything and the anntenna is just laying in there with all the wires.
They don't have a Tube or anything for it to come up and out of the box? I don't see a tube in the manual bag or anything. I think at the very least i will Velcro down my RX.
This thing is HUGE 8th scale was my largest one till now. This almost takes up my whole tailgate on my F-150 I was kidding my wife okay maybe only half kidding saying i needed a ATV ramp to drive it up and into the back of the truck and to unload it out of it.

Yeah I wouldn't think the range would be to good with it all coiled up inside. I did add some Velcro to my rx and i then ran the antenna out the hole the servo plugs are going through. and got it routed to the front near the servos. I ranged tested it and it seemed to get good range.

just got finished installing the electronic kill switch wow what a job that was. but I did it w/o removing the engine.

I'm running a 8 channel rx in my vekta that was meant for flight, has 2 short antennas. Ditched the one and the other is about 3 inches long. You can drive it farther away then you can see it and still control it. Any decent radio with 2.4ghz should be able to go a long way away before range b3comes an issue, heck on some of my micro helicopters there isn't even an antenna on the rx. They go far, far away before range becomes an issue.

is there any plastic post for an antenna straw to go into near the rx box? good call using velcro on the rx, nice shock damping. agree with above post

weird, i would've thought like you, there should be a spot somewhere to put an antenna tube in. there's no molded spot for a straw with a setscrew to hold it in place nearby? i'm thinking no, so yeah i'm with you. i'm pretty sure it makes little diff on range though, can prob still control it farther than you can see

If you don't use the 2nd steering servo mount, you can mount an antenna tube in one of the screw holes. That's what I've done on mine. I just notched the antenna tube slightly, glued it into the screw hole and slide the antenna inside so I have a short antenna sticking up under the cage.

I can take a photo after I tear down the buggy this weekend for a few upgrades I purchased to install if that doesn't make sense. But yeah ... I didn't like the idea of coiling up the receiver antenna inside the box.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks