Does the team chase diaphragm filter work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time that I seen those ,I chucked them ,causes carbon build up around the port ,seen the carbon get back down the
the engine an scar the cylinder ,I pull those out of every piece of equipment that I own!

Not sure about off road vehicles though!
Shhhh their watching ?...only thing I've seen around here with spark arrestors are carbed boats

Cant see a boat having one ,here ,it is more of setting a brush fire issue!... :unsure:
There's actually a procedure for starting a gas boat. You have to run the blowers for 5 minutes or so and lift the hatches above the engine and then you can start the boat. Its due to gasoline vapors settling low in the hull of the boat and when the engine fires it can set the vapors on fire and the boat will explode...this is for inboard style boats...

There's actually a procedure for starting a gas boat. You have to run the blowers for 5 minutes or so and lift the hatches above the engine and then you can start the boat. Its due to gasoline vapors settling low in the hull of the boat and when the engine fires it can set the vapors on fire and the boat will explode...this is for inboard style boats...

I never seen that before ,WOW!....:unsure:

You just run your evacuation fans for a bit before firing the engines up, it's not that big of a deal with modern fuel injection anymore.
The two upper ports on that carb actually allow fresh air into the cylinder, it takes a different path then the fuel/air mix out of the carb. I have a cylinder laying around somewhere that's a strato model. In saws at least it's been around since the 2000s. Idk if or when it will come to off road/hobby type engines. I actually don't mind the stratto port now that I've had then for a wile. Sure is easier on fuel, even ported.

I grew up on boats so I knew the danger. When me and my friends trailered jetskis we would trailer them with the seats off. To let them air out any fumes. the first start before going in the water was on the trailer and the seat off...ive been fortunate none of that has ever happened but the danger is there...and @Seandonato73 your right efi has pretty much eliminated that issue

alright so ddm has a deal of the day for a team chase diaphragm filter. I get the logic but has anyone used it? Is it working like catching dirt in the filter as you can see? And im itching to upgrade the stock air filter...turtle racing aluminum air box? What filter? Or velocity stack and a short stack filter? I'm looking for something that doesn't mess with the cage at all.

Got one mounted on my 990 Carb.IMG_20190912_212021.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks