D's HPI twin build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting indoors...you know the wife is definitely gone? Did you fix the issue??

I looked at the easiest thing first?? made sure spark leads ends ( the copper end piece) where good, I checked for spark?? I saw spark from both ? put the plugs and leads back in and she fired up????
And yes my wife would have killed me????

so you have got it running on both cylinders now doug ?
if yes then that's spot on matey (y) ,
I was gonna make a simple suggestion if you hadn't though, and that was did you leave the choke closed on the flywheel side cylinder by accident ? easy done when fitting carbs and the airboxes etc,

Got no choke spents? these are 929 carbs ..... no prime bulb no return?? was told id get the 1107 but unfortunately it did not? i have made peace wirh that? i have to work on the tune now ? i have a thermometer infrared? the clutch side was running hotter so i know i should make it richer?

ah right doug, I thought the 929's had a choke , obviously not :LOL:,
as I said on zannu's forum, I never got on well with the 1107 and use the 668's on mine mate,
yeh just add a tad more fuel to try and balance the temps doug, take yer time for the first couple of tanks cos the temps will be way up there, but once bedded in a bit temps come down quite a bit (y)

ah right doug, I thought the 929's had a choke , obviously not :LOL:,
as I said on zannu's forum, I never got on well with the 1107 and use the 668's on mine mate,
yeh just add a tad more fuel to try and balance the temps doug, take yer time for the first couple of tanks cos the temps will be way up there, but once bedded in a bit temps come down quite a bit (y)
Right Sean obr said 140c was operating temps for the motor? i have to now come up with a way to tune the pull start side carb? bloody pipe is in the way??

Right Sean obr said 140c was operating temps for the motor? i have to now come up with a way to tune the pull start side carb? bloody pipe is in the way??

yeh the 140c sean told you is about same as he told me years ago when I got mine doug, but mine runs fine well into the 170's,
as you know I run an electric fan on mine at idle and off throttle to try and keep temps as low as possible,
but depending on ambient temps etc the running temps can vary quite a bit,
starter side carb you just need a bent small flat blade screwdriver doug, you will only need 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn adjustment from stock settings normally mate,
you can get in at an angle with a very long very thin flat blade though, but saying that mine has short needle screws and yours are long,
lmao, ah crap, i'm waffling matey :ROFLMAO:

Oi oi mr s?..good to see over here?
[/QUOTE]

thanks mike (y),
tbh I been floating around here for ages as a guest just keepin an eye on whats happening,
decided to join, easiest forum to join up for so far,:oops:
i'll get some pics of my stuff sorted an posted when I work out how to post pics etc :LOL:

Oi oi mr s?..good to see over here?

thanks mike (y),
tbh I been floating around here for ages as a guest just keepin an eye on whats happening,
decided to join, easiest forum to join up for so far,:oops:
i'll get some pics of my stuff sorted an posted when I work out how to post pics etc :LOL:
So you've seen some of the BS huh ? including mine ? can't wait to see your rigs!v

yeh the 140c sean told you is about same as he told me years ago when I got mine doug, but mine runs fine well into the 170's,
as you know I run an electric fan on mine at idle and off throttle to try and keep temps as low as possible,
but depending on ambient temps etc the running temps can vary quite a bit,
starter side carb you just need a bent small flat blade screwdriver doug, you will only need 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn adjustment from stock settings normally mate,
you can get in at an angle with a very long very thin flat blade though, but saying that mine has short needle screws and yours are long,
lmao, ah crap, i'm waffling matey :ROFLMAO:
Ok so I mailed Sean OBR and he suggested 1 5/8 h and 1 1/8 L and it seems a little happier?? but hello the front end just wanna pop up???? I need to take it out to the sports feild??

yeh I seen some of the BS Z :D,
i'll get some pics posted soon, been having a few issues with the forum hanging now and then , might be an issue my end though tbh,
Last few months forums been acting up ( hanging ect)??
Done with break in already? Told ya you'll need a wheelie bar ??
Still just tryna get the carbs balanced ? almost one tank down??

Last edited:
Just as a small point of converaation, my old man had this kit he would use to balance the cylinders on his mercury. I know one of the things he used to check was vacuum at idle. He had an air fuel meter as well, but don't remember him using it much. There were some engine specific tools for getting all the carbs timed up right, but to be honest I'll have to check with him what all he actually checked. I know there was a big difference before and after how well the engine ran.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks