D's HPI twin build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey next time you have the engine out. Could you take some measurements length, and width? And the mounting hole spacing?
i don't know exact measurements off hand sean,
but what do ya need ?
in a baja the twin bolts to the same mount points as any engine, the obr mount kit comes with a tr clutch side mount for the single bolt hole on that side and also an adjustable mount for the coil side,
but bolts up using existing holes in the chassis plate,
mine in the dragon hammer i've made my own mounts for it, i made my own chassis for the dragon hammer that was extended 30 or 35mm so i could get the twin to fit properly,
so if your ganna do a baja build the best option is the obr/tr mounts,
if your doing a build into a losi chassis or something like that then best bet is make your own mounts (y),

Doug you had some canny tumbles and roles in your video and from what I could see only one walk of shame, did well not to break anything, looked like a good bash day, I'm jealous.
I'm looking forward to getting out with my badger as soon as our lockdown is over on Wednesday.

Was very lucky nothing broke? altough the kraken panels are showing it?.....only a matter of time and ill have to replace?‍♂️ super chuffed the twin hinge pins and bonehead braces where all intacted ?? when is lockdown over for you?
Doug you had some canny tumbles and roles in your video and from what I could see only one walk of shame, did well not to break anything, looked like a good bash day, I'm jealous.
I'm looking forward to getting out with my badger as soon as our lockdown is over on Wednesday.

Was very lucky nothing broke? altough the kraken panels are showing it?.....only a matter of time and ill have to replace?‍♂️ super chuffed the twin hinge pins and bonehead braces where all intacted ?? when is lockdown over for you?
Wednesday for us, but straight into highest tier for restrictions, anyways enough of Rona, your rigs looks to be running great, your mate's baja body is normally what happens to me when i run the side pods, if I run without them the body lasts.

i don't know exact measurements off hand sean,
but what do ya need ?
in a baja the twin bolts to the same mount points as any engine, the obr mount kit comes with a tr clutch side mount for the single bolt hole on that side and also an adjustable mount for the coil side,
but bolts up using existing holes in the chassis plate,
mine in the dragon hammer i've made my own mounts for it, i made my own chassis for the dragon hammer that was extended 30 or 35mm so i could get the twin to fit properly,
so if your ganna do a baja build the best option is the obr/tr mounts,
if your doing a build into a losi chassis or something like that then best bet is make your own mounts (y),
Thanks mate, was more or less what I was looking for. Wasnt interested in the baja mounts, tbh I'll make my own. Just waiting till after christmas, should be able to nab one sometime after, pending someone having stock of them. Cheers

Thanks mate, was more or less what I was looking for. Wasnt interested in the baja mounts, tbh I'll make my own. Just waiting till after christmas, should be able to nab one sometime after, pending someone having stock of them. Cheers
also sean, on a baja the rear (lower) engine plate can be used stock, but the upper tranny plate is wider than stock so you'd need either the obr/tr one or make yer own,
or bonejead rc will do you a carbon tranny plate if you needed one,
donrt know on the cost of the bonehead one though, deans a mate of mine and he did me a favour for a favour in return on the plate,
but he has the file saved for the cnc (y),

edit, from memory dean did sell a few here and there though,

also sean, on a baja the rear (lower) engine plate can be used stock, but the upper tranny plate is wider than stock so you'd need either the obr/tr one or make yer own,
or bonejead rc will do you a carbon tranny plate if you needed one,
donrt know on the cost of the bonehead one though, deans a mate of mine and he did me a favour for a favour in return on the plate,
but he has the file saved for the cnc (y),

edit, from memory dean did sell a few here and there though,
Thanks for the info ??.

After my last outing and no wheelie bar and having to come off the throttle so i don't flip?‍♂️ i placed an order for a bonehead bar?I have my doubts on durability ?but through since it was on sale and with a discount code why not? its been in the pipeline for a while?
If it bends , you can use a torches or heat gun to straighten the plastic out ? just like the bebop.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks