Dual Servo setup for a Vekta 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
Since I have been running dual steering Kraken servos, I have had nothing but bad luck.
Four servos failed for different reasons, $476.00 shot to hell.
The latest problem was the front of the second servo moved off the posts and locked me into a full right turn, I caught it early and disabled the second servo.
I installed lock washers and everything on the bench look good.
I took it out for a bash and after 20 minutes the second servo failed.
I disabled the second servo out in the field and to my surprise I continued to run on one servo and it handled very well with the maxxis tires.
I decided to run with one servo, but added an Inertia turnbuckle.
Rain cancelled my test run.
I will post my review, weather permitting.
William E. Burrows Jr.
IMG_0643.jpg

Last edited:
The main week brass gear striped in our Kraken steering servo. I switched to duel Savox steering servos & have had no problems. Savox servos are only $100 each. I got the duel servo arm's & linkage from a Losi 5B to run the Savox servos in our Kraken.

Got Dual S9020 on the KV5TT and TLR-5B. Key is to get both Servos working in Perfect Sync. Can be done with know-how and patience. Otherwise, just go single servo.

The main week brass gear striped in our Kraken steering servo. I switched to duel Savox steering servos & have had no problems. Savox servos are only $100 each. I got the duel servo arm's & linkage from a Losi 5B to run the Savox servos in our Kraken.

I can only comment on the Vekta 5 running with the Maxxis tires.
I bashed today for 45 minutes without any failures.
The track I guess is key, running with my new one servo and turnbuckle setup is great.
Response was good in turns, did not notice any real difference.
I did discover the left side of the transmission runs very hot, heating up the throttle servo, rear turnbuckle arm and driveshaft.
All the heat is found in the left side bottom of the transmission that transfers to the left side of the buggy.
Just an observation.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks