DuraTrax DX450 First Run Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was great! I can see why the rear fender saver is needed. Those bikes can take a beating. I don't think I ever saw you get off the gas for anything.
Dogs are great, they seem to have a huge complex until it starts to chase them. Then they turn there tail up and runnnn. :lol:

almost scouped on off fleabay today, just cant squeeze the extra jack yet.

went for 275.00 plust 15.00 shipping new from a hobby shop.

I gotta say as fun as they are they suck on a tight track. mine took a beating. it was cold too and I broke a crash guard every round. in the main my gyro went, probably the one way went. thank god I just paid off the credit card. time for the alloy upgrades.

as fun as 3s is, it makes it a handful... and carefull running on pavement. I didn't realize that I had worn off all the outside nubs so leaning was like a slick tire. I probably blew the one way trying to stand the bike back up through all the crashes. the infield was not even fun for me. I almost decided to say forget the mains, and almost wish I had. my bike would still be useable

ahh sounds like the rigors of use is showing the quirks.
by tight track you mean alot of sharp turns, or like a 1/10 or 1/12 size track ect?

Thanks guys. I have been looking at getting an off road bike for a long time and the only one I could find that look any good was around $1000, too much for an RC bike IMO. When I saw the DX450 it was cheap enough and figured if I didn’t like it I would just eBay it. It safe to say I am not putting it on eBay, this bike is too much fun.

Pipeous,
I haven’t drove my on a track yet, but I have a 1/5th scale track around me so hopefully I will have better luck when I finally get this bike on a track. I looked over your thread and I am going to do some of your mods, especially the rear fender one.

I ran on a tight 1/10 scale track. it was in a horse showbarn so no clay. the edges got very loose and if I got into that it was game over. then I got stuck, and running in novice, well all the slashes would punt me around until I found somewhere to get traction or a corner marshall rescued me haha

my best was 3 laps and then my crash guard broke from a side impact. the second crash guard was my fault trying for big air and the crash guard landed on the big O. it was friggin cold too so that didn't help. that said I could navigate the whole track fairly well until the infield. one section was a 3 turn chicane with 120 gegree turns. I pretty well had to stop to navigate back and forth as transition is slow

don't get me wrong, the bike is tough as nails. as soon as someone posts a video I will post it here. I got some awesome air. I even came off a double and did a nosie for about 12 feet.... needless to say I couldn't make the 180 degree corner after that

I looked online and no one way bearings are in stock yet, so ripping it apart might be pointless as I think that is what died. gyro spools up but stops right away. and without the gyro this thing is impossible to drive. I have on road bikes so used to no gyro but this is different.

I also tried tightening the springs on the steering to get it to turn faster transitions but this also made it twitchy... on a bigger track they will be fine. I had a 6900 kv in my ofna 10sc and could barely get over 1/2 throttle at best

ok so you wernt pullin the short hairs out. you was gettin it. lol

cool, that says its pretty tough then. hope to see some vid, sounds like some brutal kind of running which could show durability.

I've never seen an RC motorbike run before. That was great!!! That thing gets around pretty quick.

Good video..

Chris

That's an AWSOME video!! You beat the CRAP out of that bike!!! That's a better selling video than Duratrax has---I LOVE the dog chasing the bike!!! Very cool.
Is your bike still running?? Can't imagine it lasting long in that kind of rough dirt. But your' having FUN right??

Where's the best place to buy spares for those things??
Tim

That's an AWSOME video!! You beat the CRAP out of that bike!!! That's a better selling video than Duratrax has---I LOVE the dog chasing the bike!!! Very cool.
Is your bike still running?? Can't imagine it lasting long in that kind of rough dirt. But your' having FUN right??

Where's the best place to buy spares for those things??
Tim

Yep the bike is still running. I haven’t broken anything yet, I just tweaked the rear fender as it points to the sky now. I am going to have to make a rear fender protector like Pipeous did and follow some of his other recommendations. It has been a great bike thus far.

These must be real close in size to the oln Radio shack Riccky Carmicheal bikes the sold back in the day.
I had one and sold it.
We found that 1/8 scale buggy tires would fit over the stock tires and rims without glueing..Tight fit.
A nice sand paddle in the rear would be fun and the 1/8 tires last longer.

ya i already have a paddle in mind. thinking the PL 1/8th scale thin paddles could work with a lil nuetering, snip snip. lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks