Dwarfy's Monster Truck

dwarfy

Thread starter #21
The samba pipe I bought doesn't quite fit the FG roll cage. I need to extend the manifold with a longer pipe or silicone coupler so a simple enough fix but something else to resolve. Pipe was cheap though and it in as new condition.

dwarfy

Thread starter #24
Also fitted new fuel lines and fuel tank grommet last night. Need to rebuild the shocks next. Hopefully I will have 8 in my box but if not I can run singles for now.

dwarfy

Thread starter #26
Hello dwarfy,
the car will run much better with the single shock setup, the double shock is only for show.
I thought it had twin shocks for the extra weight of the wheels lol! So what FG oil weight would you recommend for singles then?

dwarfy

Thread starter #28
I have plenty of 2000 so will see how it goes with that all round. Going to clean the shafts and fit new seals so they should be good to go with that then

dwarfy

Thread starter #29
What steering servo do you recommend Wolle? I have an old twin Hitec 700bb set up which I believe are only 12.5kgs each so wont really be up to much. I would prefer to go with a decent single servo and waterproof if possible.

Wolle

Hello dwarfy,
OK the 700bb is a very old one :cool: ,the best servo for me is the Multiplex Rhino digi4, this one is very strong and quick.
I use this one in my Leo and it will work fine.

When you say 2000wt do you mean 2000cps ? 2000wt seems a little off... might just be me thats on the wrong path of thought....

Looking good tho always wanted a monster truck might buy me a mtxl at some poibt