Dwarfy's Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The samba pipe I bought doesn't quite fit the FG roll cage. I need to extend the manifold with a longer pipe or silicone coupler so a simple enough fix but something else to resolve. Pipe was cheap though and it in as new condition.

Also fitted new fuel lines and fuel tank grommet last night. Need to rebuild the shocks next. Hopefully I will have 8 in my box but if not I can run singles for now.

Hello dwarfy,
the car will run much better with the single shock setup, the double shock is only for show.

I thought it had twin shocks for the extra weight of the wheels lol! So what FG oil weight would you recommend for singles then?

I have plenty of 2000 so will see how it goes with that all round. Going to clean the shafts and fit new seals so they should be good to go with that then

What steering servo do you recommend Wolle? I have an old twin Hitec 700bb set up which I believe are only 12.5kgs each so wont really be up to much. I would prefer to go with a decent single servo and waterproof if possible.

Its looking more like a monster truck now! Still a couple of minor bits to do and need to buy new air filter, servos and radio gear but almost there now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180519_153233.jpg
    IMG_20180519_153233.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20180519_153252.jpg
    IMG_20180519_153252.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180519_153305.jpg
    IMG_20180519_153305.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 14
Hello dwarfy,
OK the 700bb is a very old one :cool: ,the best servo for me is the Multiplex Rhino digi4, this one is very strong and quick.
I use this one in my Leo and it will work fine.

I wouldnt have a clue mate lol! The 2000wt is a fairly lightweight oil but not sure what units the TA oil is measured in

When you say 2000wt do you mean 2000cps ? 2000wt seems a little off... might just be me thats on the wrong path of thought....

Looking good tho always wanted a monster truck might buy me a mtxl at some poibt

Done a bit of a mod with the rear suspension and it is loads more responsive........no more saggy arse end lol! You can see the difference from the OEM shock position to the new more upright position. I reckon the handling is going to be much improved.

Attachments

• Lugs 1.jpg
    Lugs 1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Lugs 3.jpg
    Lugs 3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 9
  • Lugs 2.jpg
    Lugs 2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Lugs 4.jpg
    Lugs 4.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Rear Shocks.jpg
    Rear Shocks.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 11
Also soldered in the killswitch wiring so just servos, radio gear, air filter and a new battery to add which will be bought on Friday. Maybe give it a run out on Sunday all being well

Attachments

• Kill Switch.jpg
    Kill Switch.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 7
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks