Elcon Cleon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pete I did order, but will not be able to provide you a total until I get the final invoice since their checkout system automatically generates a shipping rate for a 5kg package. I was told shipping should only be around $100 though, but I will confirm tomorrow once I receive my final invoice payment and find out to make sure they have it in stock. I will keep everyone updated.

[AK]Zip;28902 said:
Well lets just hope that they have at least one for me. :)

Joe do you know if Krikke is open on Saturday? I will call them and see if they have it in stock.

Yes Krikke is open on Saturdays. Ron ordered some on Friday of last week before he went on holiday. Not usre how many though. I know the Elcon team were building the kits to catch up with demand. More guys are looking to get them in Europe now.

Ok well they can send 1 to the USA to help spread the market out some.... I am sure Canada wouldn't mind one either... ;)

I thought shipping was only around 100 which really isn't that bad. When I checked the site (and correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't the car right around 1900.00 U.S.. Did you order ant servos or anything extra, and are you going to run 2 steering servos or just one. I can't wait to place my order, its going to be about 2 or 3 weeks before I can but it sounds like they have to catch up with the demand.

The car is $2,138.52 US. I also ordered 2 MULTIPLEX RHINO servos ($197.18 US) and 2 Alloy servo arm for Rhino servo ($31.44 US).

Once I get confirmation that it has shipped I will order a Airtronics 94780M servo for the throttle/brake.

Only thing is I still need to decide on is what motor to use for this thing.

EDIT: Please remember the price and go up and down depending on what the euro to usd is at the time. Right now is a good time to order if you are from the USA as right now the USD is the strongest it has been in 2 years in comparison to the Euro.

Last edited:
Thats still not a bad price at all, I think I'm going to go ahead and get the 2 steering servos also as for an engine I've got a race ported 28.5 sitting here doing nothing...... debating on whether or not to use that. I bet once that thing ships your not going to be sleeping for awhile..... I know I wouldn't be. I can't wait, I've been warning the wifey about my future purchase so she won't get all bent out of shape, LOL!!!!

My wife was ok with it. She simply hinted at selling one or 2 of my FG's due to me not being able to use ALL of them at the same time and she's right so I will sell 1 or 2 for sure. As for sleep I already hardly sleep now so I don't think I can get any less sleep. Now much work I get done once I get it though is another story..... :)

Well keep us updated on how the process is going, looking forward to seeing what you think of it once you recieve it. Hope all goes well!!

Will do. Once I find out what they tell me tomorrow about them I will post back here and let everyone know. Thankfully I have cheap long distance calling. :)

Before Ron at Krikke went away (last friday) he placed an order. Not sure how many he ordered though. He said it would take 2 weeks, so 1 week is already gone. I guess depends on the demand and who put a deposit down.

Nice choice Zip:celebrate: If I really wasn’t set on 4wd that was the buggy I was going to get. As you know I decided to go with the FG Baja Comp. Now when you get your Cleon buggy you will have to do a build thread and share that beautiful piece of art with all of us.

Nice choice Zip:celebrate: If I really wasn’t set on 4wd that was the buggy I was going to get. As you know I decided to go with the FG Baja Comp. Now when you get your Cleon buggy you will have to do a build thread and share that beautiful piece of art with all of us.

Will do, but I still plan on picking up the 4wd Baja once more get around to running it. I have herd mixed opinions and you add the fact that the USD became stronger compared to the Euro it became a no brainer for me. I can get the 4wd Baja even locally. I can't say the same about the elcon cleon sadly, but it will be worth the wait.

Well I talked to them this morning. They confirmed that my order was received and that he will send me a total with shipping on Tuesday. The bad news for me is that the car is not in stock and will be about 3 weeks until they get 2-3 in (one of which is mine). I don't know if the other 1-2 are available or for someone else. Now the wait begins....

Thats what I was afraid of but thats o.k...... at least once they get in you know one will be set aside for you. I will keep this in mind when I get around to ordering mine. Well let us know when it shows up and post some pics.....that thing is going to be sweet!!

Ok so some more news. My Cleon is getting shipped next week. Shipping is €99.95, but your total may be less as I am getting some extra goodies.

As for motor is has been decided on and I am getting it today. Picture will be posted later. Anyone else excited? :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks