Elcon Cleon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motor picked up and the Cleon ships next week. Will have it by the end of the month if all goes well.

Anyone want to guess what motor it is? Joe you can't guess!

The Elcon Cleon ships on this Thursday and takes about 10 days to get to the USA so I will have it if all goes well at the beginning of next month.

I decided against the front air brakes due to the cost still being high and wanting to see how the stock setup brakes first with a 420oz/in servo pulling on the cable brake design.

[AK]Zip;29272 said:
I hear Canadian customs doesn't do too well with large priced items, but hopefully it goes smoothly for both of us.

Yes I hope so. But what can you do? They don't have stuff like that here anywhere.

I purchased new because I wanted to build one. If I really like it I might buy another and get a used one once the Euro hits bottom compared to the US Dollar.

Myself included in this one. Besides spending that much overseas from person to person makes it a bit tough too. For something like this I like to deal with Ron at Krikke Racing. Know him for over 3 years and have also been in touch with Elcon for the same period of time. Great to know good people who love the sport and product they make/sell.

In the past I bought used locally so the money saved would go to upgrades. For the Cleon what upgrades are there? Air brakes? Getting them! Engine? Already have a 30.5esp which put out over 6hp with a tunned pipe.

Sometimes by waiting you get great deals. I have 2 friends which are both selling great moddified buggies right now and if I didn't order this one I'd be getting a Supercross again and a Leoaprd Race. My rack would be very nice then along with my Baja.

You know I thought this wait would feel like forever, but it really isn't too bad. I am happy I bought that HPI Baja 5B SS kit so I can build it while I wait for the Elcon. I hope I get it in about a week that way I would be all ready for my next build. :)

I watch for the mail person everyday. She comes around 10:30 and my cheque book is ready to pay the duty/tax charges.:cool2:

I'd love to get it this week but then again I have my 6yr old this weekend and between her and the newborn, plus my twin nephews 2nd b-day party what time is left over???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks