Elec 5ive B loud when braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EV0LVE

Hey guys,

I just got a 5ive b with an electric conversion, mamba xlx2. car runs fine driving forward but it makes a screeching sound when i slam on the brakes, the car is not trying to reverse as the car would stop when i hold the trigger on brake.

It's not the tire. i've replaced the gears on the center diff and used 500k diff fluid. noise is still there, although less, but still very noticeable.

any thoughts what's causing this?

I checked the pinion and it's not loose. i'm wondering if i should run mechanical brakes and just disable the motor brake. basically like a gas car, all forward and brake thru disk instead of the motor. thoughts? thanks.

A video of the noise would really help. It could just be the motor and gear noise you're hearing.

I've definitely seen guys run a mechanical brake on electric. It puts a lot less stress on your electronics, but can interfere with reverse if you use it.

will post video later. yes, currently it doesn't have rotors and pads, just uses the electric motor to brake. i believe 2028, it's the motor that comes with the castle xlx2, 800kv.

yes but on 1/10 cars. my other 1/5s are gas. first thing i noticed is how 1/5 electrics are louder than the 1/10 due to the steel gears, which i guess is expected. but this noise im hearing during heavy braking does not seem normal.

i've seen dbxl e and kraton 8s drive and don't sound like that when stopping. driving forward is loud but those sounds are expected. i'll post a vid tomorrow, easter stuffs today. thank you guys for your time.

Definitely watch some videos on youtube of XLX2 setups.. they make a lot of noise when braking on 1/5 cars in my experience. You definitely can run mechanical brakes though if you want to but if this is just a basher I'd just let the motor/esc handle it to keep things simple.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks