Electric Bashing 1/6th style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing certainly has a lot of poke. A couple of things I've wondered about electric largescale.
How long would the battery last? Would it still be at a similar level start to finish in a 30 minute final?
How much do the electrical components cost in comparison to an engine for example.
How long would a motor last - are they serviceable?
Is there much of a weight difference between one of these cars and a petrol versiion?

I hate to say this but I think electric may be the future of largescale racing with the laws and noise levels - if it happened, I think numbers would drop off very quickly.

Pollishman, This is not me running the car. I got this vid from the Redcat site. I don't know where it was shot.
Mike, I get about 20-25 minutes runtime with twin lipos. I am running 3500's. I've heard some guys get as much as 45 minutes with larger batts. The power stays constant until very end. The ESC is programmable to have a shutoff voltage of your choosing. Electrics will give a sudden and rapid drop-off when they are depleted. The weight issue is HUGE. an electric brushless motor weighs in at a mere .5 lbs or less. Also the batteries are much lighter than a tank full of fuel. Also, gassers don't like being turned over much but electrics can keep running even if upside down.The electrics have a HUGE weight advantage over gassers. I hope I answered all your questions. Oh yeah.....electrics don't have to be "winterized" and there are no plugs to replace. The only disadvantage is the cooling fans. they need open air to do their job and they do wear out. The replacement cost is minimal though.

Last edited:
Mike, I noticed I didn't adress your question about cost of the ESC/motor.
Just like IC engines, there are many different types and levels of brusless setups. The setup I have in my truck cost about $200.00. The ESC is around $120.00 and the motor is about $50-65.00. There are many combinations and brands I see on e-bay. Batteries are the expensive part. The good news is that the cost just initial layout. You generally get a good 6 months out of them. (Not like having to buy fuel all the time):rolleyes:

Good vid mate, to show us...

Have you got any pics of your own model? With the shell off and showing everything you need to run.

Very interesting these brussless systems, can you tell us what make you use and does it come as a combo?

Brad:)

Hey super, I'll take some pics tonight and get them posted. The reason I use this is because it has the speed and endurance I want without the noise or mess.
This brushless model doesn't cost any more than a gasser, but it is alot cheaper to run. Gas or petrol is up to almost $4.00 / gallon here in Florida. I have to pay an electric bill at home anyway, so charging the batteries is almost no cost. Yes, brushless setups come as combos. The ESC and motor are generally sold together as a matched set. Batteries are usually sold seperately. You do not have to use a combo, you can mix and match with ESC and motor. You just have to make sure the ESC you choose is rated to handle the motor you choose.

Last edited:
Good vid mate, to show us...

Have you got any pics of your own model? With the shell off and showing everything you need to run.

Very interesting these brussless systems, can you tell us what make you use and does it come as a combo?

Brad:)

Here are the pics you requested. click on an image to make larger.

I think it also depends of what ESC/Motor combo you run. I'm using the Mamba CC XL2 and 2028 motor with 14.8V 5000mah 50C batteries in my ELcon Cleon.

The batphone using tapalk is a signature that appears on the bottom of my posts. Tapatalk is a cell phone forum tool that allows me to access this forum without using an Internet browser or computer.

!

Last edited by a moderator:
The batphone using tapalk is a signature that appears on the bottom of my posts. Tapatalk is a cell phone forum tool that allows me to access this forum without using an Internet browser or computer.

!

Thanks for telling me about that. My teenage daughter just told me also. She can't beleive I didn't know. LOL I just noticed you are in St. Cloud. I am in Wildwood. I am only an hour and half from your location. Maybe we could get together sometime for some bashing and what-not. :D

Thanks for telling me about that. My teenage daughter just told me also. She can't beleive I didn't know. LOL I just noticed you are in St. Cloud. I am in Wildwood. I am only an hour and half from your location. Maybe we could get together sometime for some bashing and what-not. :D

For sure, I would like that.

!

How would the subject of this thread hold up to the 50C discharge rate batteries - have you ever tried that?
I see MaxAmps are advertising 150C !!!
That would nuke some systems surely unless seriously upgraded to handle that power????

Al.

don't get me wrong i love the gassers but have been thinking about electric for a few weeks now and after seeing this have to say very tempted to sell the gasser and go for one of these

just with gasser its the noise level where i live id hard to find a good place to run it plus living in a flat and having to keep the car in the flat the smell of fuel is getting the wife pretty high most nights ..lol

would you ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks