Electro conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nailed it. Used an old bearing as big washer on the outside.
181da4c817767545afe3cff543511a58.jpg
4f57f1da70488fa0a58dee24afaa75a3.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

I scored a Castle Mamba Monster 2 esc f9r cheap. I will start with that on 6s. Two 3s lipo's underway.

I ran the MM2 esc for a while in a Traxxas Slash. It is a solid ESC overall. It is recommended to get a capacitor pack for it to help smooth out the voltage ripple under loads. Especially when using a 1/5 motor on a 1/8 esc the amp loads will be near its limits all the time.

I recommend finding a motor over 1000kv if you can since your are running 6s. I think a 700-800kv motor will feel very slow on 6s.

-Liberty

Now this is on my savage xl I converted but it's running 6s... anyway I originally hav a 1800kv motor and ended up going to a 2650kv motor night and day difference in my set up. I did end up swapping from a mamba x to a mamba xl-x

I also found a Manga XLX. since I also convert a MT4a the MM2 will go into that. With a higher KV motor. Seems I need to score 2 4s lipos!

Motor selection is such a tricky thing....
It looks like this model weighs in around 25lbs?(11.3kg) does that sound right?
What sort of top speed would you want to see for regular use?

Im inclined to say you should stick with something in the 1600-2200 range. A used 6s X-Maxx motor might be a good option. They are pretty cheap on eBay. Good for large RCs on 6s or 8s.

-Liberty

5mm bore MOD1 should be pretty easy to find. I have purchased many through SAGA RC and on eBay.
For reference the pinions for the X0-1 are all MOD1 with 5mm bore.

Also as an FYI the 8s Xmaxx motor is the 1200kv and the 6s model was 1600kv (TRA3361)

-Liberty

I just ordered a 5mm mod1 14t pinion. Also ordered the BLX4075 2000kV to go with the Mamba Monster 2. The MM XLX will be paired with the Trackstar T28. This last setup will go into the Marder and the first into the MT4a.

U can do that or pair them up for ur 1/8th mta(y)....if u get a dodgy cell u only loose 1x 2s pack...not a whole 4s.(y)..sum people prefer to Run this way....(y)there on eBay now well eill b at 8pm tonight. Never know u may get luckey

I just ordered a 5mm mod1 14t pinion. Also ordered the BLX4075 2000kV to go with the Mamba Monster 2. The MM XLX will be paired with the Trackstar T28. This last setup will go into the Marder and the first into the MT4a.

I forgot to mention the BLX motors. They are a great price and very reliable motors.
Looks like you are good to go other than some wiring and batteries.

I did my first soldering last weekend. Most of batteries are XT60. Is XT60 ook to wire to all my stuff? Finny to see how much money you can still spend on small stuff like that just to get your car going :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks